Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2019, 04:54 PM   #1

Slide not working by remote

We have a 2017 wildwood travel trailer with the lippert remote for the slide/awning etc.

The slide is working using the switch inside. But it doesn’t work off the remote control. (It used to work off the remote just fine)

And I can hear the receiving unit near my breaker box inside clicking when I push the button but the slide doesn’t move.

Ideas?
redwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:14 AM   #2

i spent some time a few months ago diagnosing a problem with the lippert slide / awning / light remote. there is a control unit that has fuses for each item it controls (slide / awning / light). it also receives a control signal from either the hardwired switches or the remote unit. if it gets a signal from either source it performs the requested action. the fact that you say the slides operate from the hardwired switch tells me the control unit and house batteries are probably ok. so the issue seems to be getting the signal from the remote to the control unit. i replaced the battery in the remote. it was a cylindrical battery shorter than a AAA battery. but i think it was about 10 volts. it may be weak. also i found that even with the new battery the remote had limited range. you might try to get it to work from various locations within and outside the trailer to see if this is the problem. of course, something could have broken.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:19 AM   #3

Other functions work and I can hear a clicking noise near my breaker box when I push the slide buttons
Old 05-07-2019, 10:39 AM   #4

Don’t know. As best as I could determine the output (the power that actually activated the devices) is common. The only difference is the control board scan receive an input signal from either the hardwired switches or the remote. It might be worth some research to get a troubleshooting guide or a call to lippett
Old 05-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #5
Site Team

The remote receiver (clicking thing near the breaker box) has fuses and most likely the fuse for the slide is blown. You'll need to access that receiver to test them.

The power for the manual switches and the remote receiver are completely separate, so one can work and the other not.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:16 PM   #6

That was not my experience. Of course we maybe talking about different control units. I could not get a porch light to come on. It Isco trolled by either a hardwired switch or the remote. The control unit had a fuse in it labeled light. I pulled that fuse and tested it. It was blown. Replaced it with a new fuse and the I could turn the light on / off using either the hardwired switch or the remote. There is also a single fuse for the slide and awning. This is what leads me to say the the output side is common. There are a couple of other fuses in the control unit. Check them. They may control power to the receiver section. If it was out the receiver might not be working. I don’t know. Just s guess.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #7
Site Team

The porch light is wired differently than the other devices on the receiver. Sounds like yours was wired correctly. One anomaly about the porch light on a lot of units, is that if you turn it on with the remote you can't turn it off with the manual switch and vise-versa.

The way the other functions are supposed to be wired is that they have separate power supplies, but a common negative. Then the receiver breaks the negative to the manual switches so that the switch and the remote can't operate the function at the same time. However, I've never seen one actually wired that way. They just run remote power and manual power to the device and don't run the negatives through the receiver, and hope that you never try to operate them at the same time in opposite directions.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:01 PM   #8

This is a pic of the control unit on my 2017 27RLSS. You don't mention your specific model but on mine this controller is mounted below the kitchen sink. You most likely have a blown fuse on the control unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RemoteControls.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	204030  
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:10 PM   #9

the clicking when u activate the remote is the remote closing the relay for the slide. The large amperage side of the relay is not receiving power probably because you have a blown fure which supplies that power
wally007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:41 PM   #10

The control board on my trailer was under the breaker/fuse box and converter in an access panel.

I found one of two fuses for the main slide blown. I also found my porch light never worked from the remote because it didn’t have a fuse installed at all.

Installed one replaced one now they both work from the remote.

Thank you for letting me know the remote receiver had a separate set of fuses. I never considered that.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 AM   #11

Thanks for letting us know you found the problem.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #12
Site Team

X2 .. Thanks for coming back and letting us know that you found the receiver and got your problem solved.

If you have time, please add your RV and the receiver location to this thread.
Where is your remote receiver/hub

Tags
remote, slide