Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #21
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Thanks Herk, Now I know where to look. Also weezer I closed the slide and it depressed the mattress a good inch. I also just read Herk that it is impossible for that slide to open without the motor running? Going back to that rocker switch again. I'll pull the plug on that and take a look at the connectors......
gljurczyk,

We spent some time in our 5er today just enjoying the time and piddlin' with a few things.

While out there DH and I checked the mattress vs. wardrobe slider line-up. Even with the toppers off, the bottom of the slide will still strike the mattress over half way down the side. That's a bad design evidently so we're just going to add that to the list of things to check before pulling slides in...we have to check the recliners in the rear since there is so little clearance between them (when turned sideways) and the sofa slider. We'll just bump the mattress over an inch or so before retracting the wardrobe slide.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
gljurczyk,

We spent some time in our 5er today just enjoying the time and piddlin' with a few things.

While out there DH and I checked the mattress vs. wardrobe slider line-up. Even with the toppers off, the bottom of the slide will still strike the mattress over half way down the side. That's a bad design evidently so we're just going to add that to the list of things to check before pulling slides in...we have to check the recliners in the rear since there is so little clearance between them (when turned sideways) and the sofa slider. We'll just bump the mattress over an inch or so before retracting the wardrobe slide.
That is a good idea. Let me give you a hint about the recliners. When you turn them and push them against the wall to clear. You need to put a pad between the right one and the wall. The wooden arm will rub the wall paper off or should I say contact paper. After a while we noticed it and now put a pad on that one chair in between. WE turn them front to front, found that if we turn them back to back it is worst on wear from movement. I also cut a 17" board to lock that slide the right side has a lot of slack in it, surprised it even stayed on the sprocket. Let me know of any other hints you find........

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #23
Site Team

gljurczyk,
I found this online, If you read threw several post they talk about a circuit board being the culprit. Might be a place to look next if the switch checks out okay.
Bedroom slide comes out by itself

I must say your post has me thinking about slide stops. Problem for me is access, I have a center island and 2 slides come within inches. I would have to put them on one end of the super slides. Bedroom slide I could do easily.
Dont know how effective that would be.

Carl

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sounds like your affected slide is a NORCO Accuslide slide out like my wardrobe slide. It also uses a cable system.

The reason these slide outs don't use safety bars is that they need to have motor rotation to move them in OR out. The mechanical advantage is to the motor which must rotate.

That is why the backup slide extension system is a flex drive for a drill.

The only way this could happen is:

1) a short to ground in the open/close switch
2) If they are remote operated someone sat on the control
3) you missed it THIS ONE TIME (happens even to professionals)

Since only one slide came out, sounds like only one cheek was on the remote.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:39 PM   #25
NELA

CRAP! I just had a HUGE reply to you and got Error 503 when I hit "post".

Here goes again;

You had me scratching my head with "right side" recliner until you said you turn yours front to front...makes sense. We've been turning ours back to back. I've got the perfect cushion...a small travel pillow that I use to prop up my iPad while reading in bed at night...one here at home and one in the RV. I use my iPad for downloading books from Amazon. HUNDREDS of books on that thing.

Are you sure your slider doesn't need adjustment? Our slides move better than any of the 3 on the V-Lite. If the one side is slack maybe that can be adjusted?

OK, other hints....

Stopping the bedroom door from bumping up against the door stop with every nano movement LOUDLY. I put the fuzzy side of a Velcro dot on the white plastic cap of the spring/door stop, and DH held another fuzzy side on top of it, sticky side out, while I pushed the door up against it....perfect alignment and totally silent now. Don't you laugh! but before that fix I had wrapped a piece of tissue around the white cap and secured it with a rubber band...hey, it worked! But it was buttugly! These Velcro dots are virtually invisible.

For keys, jackets, etc. I bought four of the large sized nickel Command hooks. I left it DH to hang them and he came up with an awesome idea! He placed them above the handrail for the stairs...at the same angle, following the same line of the rail. They look NICE like that! Especially with the brushed nickel of the bedroom door just above the hooks. Much better than just placing the hooks in a row across that wall.

..trying to recall all I typed;

Ah yes...towel rack for the bathroom....didn't want to install the bar that came with the 5er, so I found a over-the-lower-kitchen-cabinet-door towel rack that is just "thin" enough to fit over the shower enclosure wall. Again...brushed nickel.

You may have read my "fix" regarding the laundry chute. DH's hobby is wood working and he saves various and sundry pieces of exotic wood and some not so exotic. I rummaged around and found a 1" thick cabinet door...same color...and instead of having handle hardware on it there was a routed inset you place your fingers in to open it...still had the hinges on it too....so all he had to do was cut it down to size and re align the stabilizing wooden "rails" that were screwed to the back of it. With no handle hardware you can store tank chemicals, etc. on what is now a "shelf" if you don't want to use the chute. I'm *very* pleased with how that turned out and DH was impressed that I came up with the idea and there was finally a good use for something he "knew would come in handy some day".

Check the thread: "what did you do to your trailer today" to see the vinyl wall quote I put on the wall above the stove today.

OK, it's official

But, but, ....but you asked for it!

Now doing a copy and paste before hitting post *this* time....grrrrrrr.

P.S. DH says your last name would be pronounced "jer check". Is he correct? He's 3rd generation Lithuanian/Polish immigrant.

Old 02-17-2014, 10:51 PM   #26
Site Team

Weezer are you sure you didnt forget anything???

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #27
Just Love to Camp

Ok can't add anything but though it sucks your slide came out. Maybe the good Lord Above was trying to delay you in your travels to keep you safe. Glad everyone is ok

2012 F450
Virginia
TheFordes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:03 PM   #28
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Weezer are you sure you didnt forget anything???
May have! I reconstructed that post kinda fast. LOL....ummm I'm a swooft typist! Good thing...I wuz MAD when I got that error! And every time it's happened to me it's been after a LONG post....

but....

I think many would agree that most of my posts are long. /snark

Be forewarned...I type like I talk....long winded with a lot of Southern drawl. Sometimes DH can't get a word in edgewise with a shoe horn.

As a matter of fact, he just responds with a YUP now and then so often that our crazy parrot now yells YUP every now and then when I get long winded.

Old 02-17-2014, 11:10 PM   #29
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordes View Post
Ok can't add anything but though it sucks your slide came out. Maybe the good Lord Above was trying to delay you in your travels to keep you safe. Glad everyone is ok
Yep, I think it was the Man upstairs that had it happen while in transit with a fellow traveler behind him who was kind enough to flag him down and tell him about it.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
gljurczyk,
I found this online, If you read threw several post they talk about a circuit board being the culprit. Might be a place to look next if the switch checks out okay.
Bedroom slide comes out by itself

I must say your post has me thinking about slide stops. Problem for me is access, I have a center island and 2 slides come within inches. I would have to put them on one end of the super slides. Bedroom slide I could do easily.
Dont know how effective that would be.

Carl
My to main slides come in up to the Island to. But after this when I get home I will find something expandable for them. The board work fine on just one end it can't move now, if it was a short it will pop the fuse. I can not find a short to ground anywhere but the wire go's up in the ceiling. I also have a running light short that will happen now and then and blow my 10 amp fuse in the TV. It will not happen all the time. The dealer has tried to find it and he can't took every light off and everything. We think that a staple must be hitting it now and then. I had to install a resettable fuse in the truck. I even took it to Ford who said it wasn't my truck. According to what I read so far the motor has to run to move that slide. Being the 2" play on the right side I think it could have opened it a little and then the wind took over at 65 miles per hr. I had to be over a 100 miles from Pensacola when it happened. First I thought CRS and forgot, but there was no damage done to topper at all after driving 100 miles I would think it would be in shreds. So I ruled that out. I'll be home today and it go's to the dealer at the end of the month to get some repairs done, I will talk to him about it see what they say. Thanks for the link. I think all Flagstaffs come with braces or at least OC'S did. Saw his in Goshen for his main slide.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:39 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
CRAP! I just had a HUGE reply to you and got Error 503 when I hit "post".

Here goes again;

You had me scratching my head with "right side" recliner until you said you turn yours front to front...makes sense. We've been turning ours back to back. I've got the perfect cushion...a small travel pillow that I use to prop up my iPad while reading in bed at night...one here at home and one in the RV. I use my iPad for downloading books from Amazon. HUNDREDS of books on that thing.

Are you sure your slider doesn't need adjustment? Our slides move better than any of the 3 on the V-Lite. If the one side is slack maybe that can be adjusted?

OK, other hints....

Stopping the bedroom door from bumping up against the door stop with every nano movement LOUDLY. I put the fuzzy side of a Velcro dot on the white plastic cap of the spring/door stop, and DH held another fuzzy side on top of it, sticky side out, while I pushed the door up against it....perfect alignment and totally silent now. Don't you laugh! but before that fix I had wrapped a piece of tissue around the white cap and secured it with a rubber band...hey, it worked! But it was buttugly! These Velcro dots are virtually invisible.

For keys, jackets, etc. I bought four of the large sized nickel Command hooks. I left it DH to hang them and he came up with an awesome idea! He placed them above the handrail for the stairs...at the same angle, following the same line of the rail. They look NICE like that! Especially with the brushed nickel of the bedroom door just above the hooks. Much better than just placing the hooks in a row across that wall.

..trying to recall all I typed;

Ah yes...towel rack for the bathroom....didn't want to install the bar that came with the 5er, so I found a over-the-lower-kitchen-cabinet-door towel rack that is just "thin" enough to fit over the shower enclosure wall. Again...brushed nickel.

You may have read my "fix" regarding the laundry chute. DH's hobby is wood working and he saves various and sundry pieces of exotic wood and some not so exotic. I rummaged around and found a 1" thick cabinet door...same color...and instead of having handle hardware on it there was a routed inset you place your fingers in to open it...still had the hinges on it too....so all he had to do was cut it down to size and re align the stabilizing wooden "rails" that were screwed to the back of it. With no handle hardware you can store tank chemicals, etc. on what is now a "shelf" if you don't want to use the chute. I'm *very* pleased with how that turned out and DH was impressed that I came up with the idea and there was finally a good use for something he "knew would come in handy some day".

Check the thread: "what did you do to your trailer today" to see the vinyl wall quote I put on the wall above the stove today.

OK, it's official

But, but, ....but you asked for it!

Now doing a copy and paste before hitting post *this* time....grrrrrrr.

P.S. DH says your last name would be pronounced "jer check". Is he correct? He's 3rd generation Lithuanian/Polish immigrant.
He's correct in Polish. Really Yur check but english it's jur zick best I can describe it.

Tags
slide