Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #1

Slide out cable breaking

I have a new 2017berkshir 38 A ,used it on2 trips and both times the same cables are snapping on the large slide that is hydrolic driven.
Is anyone else having this Issue? It's in the shop again being repaired.
Ctudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:38 AM   #2

That sounds like a BAL accuslide if it has 4 cables, 2 on each side that you can see when open.

I was not aware they made a hydraulic version. We have had 2 and they both were electric motor driven.

If cables have snapped twice that tells me something is way out of alignment or binding up somewhere. The Accuslide system is usually almost bulletproof unless it was installed incorrectly. It sounds like you need to go to a service dept who has techs that know the system.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:41 AM   #3

I had a Keystone trailer with the BAL control mechanism. it was one month out of warranty when the cable broke. It took the dealer 5 months to repair and the price was $4900 to complete. Keystone eventually paid for the repair only because of letter writing and lots of phone conversations. The RV industry needs to learn a lot about customer service from the auto industry. I try to repair what i can without going to a dealer. I cringe when something breaks only because if I can't fix it, then it has to go to a repair center.

I now own a Forest River product. Their services seems a little better.
obxfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, slide, slide out