Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2022, 12:57 AM   #1

Slide out catching on the wall

Hello,

Sorry the pics rotated to the left. Mac problems.

I have a 2018 Forest River 21DS . I am having issues with my slide out catching on the wall and tearing pcs off the wall. It is the main white sheet material seal that is attached to the inside lip of the front of the slide out when it begins to open. Any suggestion on how to remedy this? I going to try to do some more wall trimming but there isn't much there. I was trying to feel behind it if I could staple it down to something but I don't think there is any wood in that area. I see some older models have seals covering that area. Maybe thats an option.

Also another issue in the same area the screws on the slide out are tearing the wiper seals . I saw people recommend covering screws with eternabond on the top of slide outs. I figure it will probably work of the side wall screws just fine also? Any suggestion on both of these issues would be greatly appreciated. THX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2901.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	267714   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2902.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	267715  
MattLAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:06 AM   #2

welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I think I would look at adjusting the slide box before trimming a wall. JMHO
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #3

That’s basically what forest river just said. Take it to a dealer for adjustment. I don’t really know what you can adjust though? It’s got one single actuator in the middle so you can’t really adjust left and right independently I don’t believe?
Old 01-15-2022, 10:37 AM   #4

Can you take a picture of the slide mechanism you have under the floor?
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 12:56 AM   #5

There are some great YouTube videos on adjustable slide mechanisms.Try searching for your type.
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 11:14 PM   #6

Pic of the actuator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
Can you take a picture of the slide mechanism you have under the floor?
Here is a picture of the one actuator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41AE0CDF-1D92-4A14-AAB2-4E24CC084C2C.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	503.8 KB
ID:	268054   Click image for larger version

Name:	7DD4E407-180E-421F-9497-2C0E39CB03BF.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	467.0 KB
ID:	268055  
Old 01-21-2022, 11:15 PM   #7

Sorry it keeps spinning my photos around when i upload them.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:24 PM   #8

Adjust it with the bolt that is hanging down (or in the case of your photo, pointing up). That should let you raise or lower the slide.

Before you do that I would have somebody activate the slide while you look at each corner as it is moving and look at the bar as it goes in and out to see if there is something causing it to not go in/out straight.

Also, bring the slide in about 6-8" and then stop. Then measure to see how the box lines up with the wall cut out. Example: measure each top corner distance from slide top to opening top. Then measure the distance from the wall cut out to each top and bottom corner going up the sides. If one is more or less than the other then the slide is going in/out tilted.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 10:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstFiver View Post
Adjust it with the bolt that is hanging down (or in the case of your photo, pointing up). That should let you raise or lower the slide.

Before you do that I would have somebody activate the slide while you look at each corner as it is moving and look at the bar as it goes in and out to see if there is something causing it to not go in/out straight.

Also, bring the slide in about 6-8" and then stop. Then measure to see how the box lines up with the wall cut out. Example: measure each top corner distance from slide top to opening top. Then measure the distance from the wall cut out to each top and bottom corner going up the sides. If one is more or less than the other then the slide is going in/out tilted.

Haha good one! I’ll give that a shot and see if it slides more smoothly. It definitely comes in at an upward angle and the side that the actuator is on comes in first a few inches then the other side follows . It shimmys its way in. I figured this was mostly due to the design. The fact that the track is in the center and the actuator is on the right of it. The side the actuator is “more on”, leads the way.

Tags
cat, slide, slide out