Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #1

Slide out dragging on the carpet

My large slide out in the main living area is somehow dragging on the carpet, and rolling it up, so it lifts the slide out up when closing. Mine is the electric version, with 2 motors on the superslide. I did notice that underneath, at the outer end of the slide, the rather smallish 3 screws/bolts seem to be pulled loose. Could that cause this? Any help on this matter would be fantastic! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08flagvlite View Post
My large slide out in the main living area is somehow dragging on the carpet, and rolling it up, so it lifts the slide out up when closing. Mine is the electric version, with 2 motors on the superslide. I did notice that underneath, at the outer end of the slide, the rather smallish 3 screws/bolts seem to be pulled loose. Could that cause this? Any help on this matter would be fantastic! Randy
The small screws could be part of it but there maybe other issues. One other thing to check, look at both sides of the slide out where the rubber is on the side wall see if one side of the slide out is tighter then the other side. I had a problem this Summer with mine but opposit from your problem, when the slide out was pulled in the floor to the slide out was raised higher on one side from the other and the slide out was much tigher on one side. The end result was that my slide out had twisted, one side dropped and shifted to the rear of the camper. The adjustment had to be done by the service department. Try to tighen the screws if that dosen't work then you may have to take it in, then again maybe some one else may have another solution.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #3

The Rockwood/Flagstaff slideouts do in fact slide on the carpet when they are retracted. Could it be that your carpet is not stapled down where it should be.

When the slideout is fully open, it drops down a ramp at the end of travel to make the floor flush. When it retracts, the leading edge of the slide rides up the ramp, it is then the bottom surface of the slide floor (which you can see from underneath, when the slide is open) sliding across the carpet.

If the bottom of the slide floor is not smooth, it could also be a cause of your problem.

Hope this helps more than confuses!

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:59 AM   #4

The only thing that drags across the carpet on mine is the carpet that over hangs from the slide out.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:20 PM   #5

Mine dragged so hard that it pulled out the carpet staples! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote