Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #1

Slide out fix

We have a 2016 Forest River MBS 2401R. The rear slide out is not getting any power. Any suggestions before I pay a fortune for someone to come fix?
RacAspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:01 AM   #2

Anything help?
I’ve got a stuck slide on my 2018 FR3; halfway out.

I’m thinking maybe it’s a fuse issue, but other posts said it’s a bad relay (but I hear them snapping).
Check6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 07:53 PM   #3

Not sure what slide you have but we have the Lippert/Schwintech system and there are instructions for manual override on the control box (which is pretty well hidden in our TT). Maybe there is something like this for your rig and it can help you narrow down the problem.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:02 AM   #4

Our 2018 Forester MBS 2401W has similar problem. Stabilizers won’t work (must crank manually), slide won’t slide, awning won’t budge. We’ve checked all the fuses we can find (by control center and by camper stairs). Can’t get rig into service until after our next two trips. Any more ideas?
TheMollyLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #5

I have a 314bud 2021 Salem hemisphere, which the Two slide outs and the awning decided to stop working. I tried hunting down all the fuses for this rig and nothing is blown??? just stopped working. I have to breakers towards the front where the hitch is, and the only breakers which I’m guessing they are 30amp breakers which are mount to the under carriage of the RV, that have the positive wire and a bunch of other ones as well going into and through the RV, to me it still seems like a break has blown somewhere which I can’t find , why would all three slides stop working?? Does anyone know where this magical 30 amp maybe ?
LeonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 09:43 PM   #6

Here's a quick update: The service guys found a resettable fuse BEHIND AND ABOVE the One Control panel velcroed to the wall that no one had mentioned to us until now. Once it was reset everything worked again. They said it probably blew because of low voltage which did happen because no one explained the way the Battery on/off switch works with the inverter. Now everything works (except drawer with a broken latch).
TheMollyLlama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMollyLlama View Post
Here's a quick update: The service guys found a resettable fuse BEHIND AND ABOVE the One Control panel velcroed to the wall that no one had mentioned to us until now. Once it was reset everything worked again. They said it probably blew because of low voltage which did happen because no one explained the way the Battery on/off switch works with the inverter. Now everything works (except drawer with a broken latch).
Thank you for your response! No fuse on mine, my slides go back on and then pop again when I decided to slide them out, third time, well it’s in the shop now, let’s see what they say, will let you know.
LeonCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:00 AM   #8

About a few days after we bought our used 2018 220mbh Sonoma, the slide-out started acting up! It's pivoting to the left. Left side will retract 3 inches and right side just stop. I looked above, underneath, and sides- inside and outside and found no obstructions. My wife and I diagnosed it for 3 hours til 130 in the morning. Ugh, still puzzled. Same day I tried to make an appointment for a mobile rv mechanic that I trust. Well, appts are six weeks out. They are very busy. That night, my wife and I investigated again. I looked online and found a few solutions. I decided to look for a controller. I looked for a panel that is screwed in. The first one has the wires for the slide out, but there's no controller. I followed the wire and it led me to another panel.in the bathroom closet. Bam! Found the controller. Got 2 green blinks and 8bred blinks. The first is for the #2 motor, the second is for ground between motor and controller. I looked again, but there's no visible break on the wire. I could not find any. I decided to manually operate it by pressing the a button on the controller to go to by pass mode. It worked, but not for a full close of the slide. My wife found a connector above the slide out, and looked loose. Yup, the two piece connector with lots of pins was disconnected but not so obvious, in a way. My wife plugged it back in carefully. Whoa, that fixed the issue. Thank goodness!
I am still curious though and am still looking for a manual crank. I could not find any rod sticking out of the frame. But then again, this might have an in-frame crank. The underbelly of tt has cover and could not see anything unless I tear it down. BUT Then again, this might not have a manual crank, just the controller box.
Anyway, I am so thankful to this forum. We were able to fix the problem and were able to go camping this weekend.i am actually typing this while enjoying a warm bonfire close to the beach. Happy camping!

Life is sometimes short, make the memories last longer- go RVing and just enjoy Life
roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:34 AM   #9
Site Team

Sounds like you have a Schwintek slide system, which has no manual crank.
Google Schwintek and you'll find numerous videos on it.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Sounds like you have a Schwintek slide system, which has no manual crank.
Google Schwintek and you'll find numerous videos on it.
Thanks much! For the info. I was able to view videos on maintenance.

Life is sometimes short, make the memories last longer- go RVing and just enjoy Life
roadster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out