Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2016, 12:40 PM   #1

Slide out help !!!

I have a prime time crusader 5th wheel. 1 of my 3 slide will not work. I have tested the motor direct to the battery and it works. I have tested the switch and it works. The fuse is good. What else can it be. I've called the manufacturer and they thought it was motor - tested direct to battery and it worked.
Cjlanoue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 12:51 PM   #2
RV Parts Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjlanoue View Post
I have a prime time crusader 5th wheel. 1 of my 3 slide will not work. I have tested the motor direct to the battery and it works. I have tested the switch and it works. The fuse is good. What else can it be. I've called the manufacturer and they thought it was motor - tested direct to battery and it worked.
This sounds like it may be a slide controller issue.
Old 12-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #3

Which slide is not functioning? If it is the bedroom slide then that is a Schwintek slide mechanism.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF602956 View Post
This sounds like it may be a slide controller issue.
Found issue. When the camper was built, an electrical line was stapled through. It had been arcing and I have a burnt spot on a wall stud. I guess I'm lucky the camper didn't burn down.

Thanks all that replied.
Cjlanoue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:31 PM   #5
RV Parts Manager

Quote:
Found issue. When the camper was built, an electrical line was stapled through. It had been arcing and I have a burnt spot on a wall stud. I guess I'm lucky the camper didn't burn down.

Thanks all that replied.
ive seen that a few times. Good thing you caught it.
Old 12-14-2016, 07:07 PM   #6

Wires can become an issue even after manufacturing. Sure glad you found the one that was stapled through. My Point is that with all the shaking and movement in any RV its a good idea to check those wires from time to time to make sure they are not rubbing on any sharp surfaces like corners in the construction. I have done this and used zip ties, and or cable holders to hold them in place if they are gong to move at all.

Brandon2
2500TS
Sun seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:09 PM   #7

Quote:

Thanks all that replied.
Did you take any photos of it? I would like to know what to look for because I have Prime Time Crusader as well.
esmoglo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out