Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2010, 06:52 PM   #1

Slide out help

I need instruction to remove the slide out on a 2005 Salem LE. It is not a super slide, just the dining table slides. I have some major repairs to do to the wall and floor. Any help will be greatly appreciated! OH yea I'm a newbie here
papaO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #2

The inside trim(molding) must be removed first. Fully extend the slide room. You'll need something to support the slide, like a stake of blocks or jack stands. Once the slide is extended to it's limit, you'll need to unbolt it from the slide channels to remove it.
Note: You may not have to completely remove the slide room from to trailer. Once extender completely, you may have enough room to make the necessary repair.
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:36 PM   #3

Thanks milzat, after looking it over that’s how I had it figured. I just wanted someone to confirm what I had thought before I got started. I am going to completely remove it, I’m hoping for the best but planning for the worst.

How hard is it to get the molding off without destroying it?
Old 07-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #4

First remove the designed face trim. This is usually stapled. Pry it away slowly and evenly. Once that's removed, there will be a 2"x2"(maybe smaller on yours) screwed to the outer edge of the slide room that the face trim was stapled to. This is the part with the large slide seal(the part that seals against the inside wall). Once that is removed, the slide should clear the sidewall of the trailer.
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 PM   #5

Thanks again! Was going to get started Monday, but the wife wants one more short trip before I pull it apart.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #6

Good luck with the repairs and please, take pictures of the process. I'm sure others may appreciate it.

Have a good time on your next trip.