Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #1

Slide out manual operation

I have a 38' 1999 Sierra (by Forrest River) with 2 slide outs. It is at a seasonal site at a campground as moving it with my 2003 Nissan Sentra is a bit of a logistical problem. When putting it "to bed" for the winter last year the rooms would not retract (Dewald Hydraulic system), so I manually retracted them. Looking at the Dewald Parts and Service Manual http://www.powergearus.com/documents...ideout_Sys.pdf
I see the instructions for manual retraction, but no instructions for manual extension.

Any ideas of how I could manually extend these rooms? Since it would only be once for the next 6 months, that might be easier (and cheaper) to pump them out by hand and then back in by hand each year rather than paying a service tech to drive to my site for a service call as there are few people in the area who do traveling service. Most local dealers tell me to bring it in, but I really can not tow it with my vehicle. I bought it on the site, and planned on leaving it there until I sell the site.

Any and all help and suggestions are appreciated!
paul13501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:50 PM   #2

Slide out manual operation

I have a 99 cardinal 5th wheel with the same problem,can pump it in not out.We might have to bite the bullit and buy a new pump-motor unit.What a drag! Dave
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote