Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 10:24 AM   #1

Slide out needs to be retracted after driveing

I have a 2015 26 foot class c Sunseeker. I retract my slideout fully before heading down the road. But after driving for some period when I stop my slide out will retract (not visablely). Is this an issue with the cluch or motor lock or is this normal??
Klamath87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #2

Klamath87, I think that I know what you are saying, but not sure. Our MH has two slides, one small "Schwintek ", and one larger "Above the floor " type. The Schwintek has motors at the top and bottom, and is pretty much "locked " while moving. The larger slide only has a motor at the bottom to "lock" it in place, and is not attached to anything on the top or sides, so theoretically if you turned sharp enough, the inertia, or "G" force (?) could tip the top of the slide out. I believe that's what is happening to your slide. Our MH came with three "sticks" that have rubber ends. These sticks we wedge between the outside wall, and where the trim piece is attached at the top(on the inside of the MH with the slide "in ") so it cannot "tip out " while we are moving. We put a note by the slide switch so we remember to remove the "keepers" when we set up camp. (My apologies that I have no pictures). ForestRiver included these, so I'm assuming that the "tipping out " is a "normal " phenomenon. If your MH did not come with the "sticks", you could make some with inexpensive stuff from the hardware store. It's been a while since your original post, so maybe you've already resolved this issue. If not, I hope this helps you.
Happy Camping!

Shaun & Michelle
2016 Sunseeker 3010DSF

Tags
slide, slide out