Old 03-05-2020, 09:49 PM   #1

Slide out not flush to wall on bottom

I recently purchased a 2017 Wolf Pack 315 Pack 12 5th wheel toy Hauler. Like anything used there will issues to be resolved. I know this going in. So my first item of concern is the slide out. Its 12' long and house's a Sofa and Dinette. I have multiple issues with it. When extending, it makes a loud squealing noise. I got under it and lubed the racks and sliders with silicone spray that helped some however the squeal is still there. Next issue is when closed the left side (looking from outside) is tight against the seal top down and the right side top is tight and the bottom sticks out about 3/4". Next issue is when fully open the top of slide is tight against the wall and the bottom on both sides has a 5/8" gap. The slide has a slight droop because of it. Looking at the Lippert thru frame rack system it appears to have been adjusted. The left side levelling bracket is adjusted 3/4" lower than the right side. Its supposed to raise the slide on that end. This added additional leverage to the mount bracket and caused it to bend out some. Having never messed with a slide out before I am not sure what direction to go, please help. Also the slide out tend to move in an arc when opening and closing. is this normal. BTW it is not the flush floor style. Thanks in advance.

Forgot to add that when slide out is fully extended or retracted it makes a loud ratcheting noise. Is this normal?

Odyknuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
Head Rambler

Some pictures of it in and out along with some of the mechanism would probably help.

The squealing noise can be helped by using slide lube and lubing it while it's out and it also helps to lube the tracks and rack when someone is operating the slide. It may take several times before it quietens down.

As for the adjustments, search for the 'service' manual on how to adjust it. There are a couple of different adjustment places on the rack tubes.

It is common for it to make a ratcheting noise when it reaches the end of travel in both directions if you continue to hold the button.

Old 03-08-2020, 12:11 PM   #3

Mine when out appears to make seal inside but the bottom is out a little further. Are these supposed adjusted on occasion?
2015Cherokee 264L

2015 Cherokee 264L Limited
Bluetick1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:34 PM   #4
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetick1955 View Post
Mine when out appears to make seal inside but the bottom is out a little further. Are these supposed adjusted on occasion?
2015Cherokee 264L
Not necessarily need to be adjusted regularly, but they do require adjustment when they need it.

As long as it's sealing all around and it's not too far out, I would leave it alone.

Tags
flush, slide, slide out