Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

Slide Out not rock solid top moves

On my 2015 Windjammer. Which has three slide outs, two in the living/kitchen areas and one in the bedroom. All but one are rock solid when out. One in the living/kitchen moves about 1/2 in at the top on windy days. I can actually push on the outside and move the top portion of the slide out room in. Any ideals on what is causing this and how to fix/adjust?

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:34 PM   #2

Usually because the slide is not fully extended and pressing up against the seal.

You should be able to take it in and have the slide adjusted so it extends out to it's proper full extension. You probably could put your hand at the top and get it to rock a little which means it is not fully out.

Happened on mine but since mine is older I adjusted it myself. I am not familiar with your slides as to what type they are..hydraulic..electric etc. The hydraulics on mine were fairly easy to adjust but again I am not familiar with what you have.

But suffice it to say there is an adjustment that any RV service center can make.

If you want to adjust it yourself you can certainly get enough input here. The hydraulic ones are not tough to adjust at all...at least the ones I have owned and seen.

Your owners pack should have an insert from the manufacturer of the slide mechanism...just like it does for the AC..fridge...etc etc. This usually will have an explanation of what type of mechanism it is and how to adjust the full in full out stops.
shughey00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 12:50 PM   #3

Thanks, likely a adjustment not fully extended like you mentioned. I'll get with my dealer. .

2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4 x 4
6.4 Hemi 410 HP, 410 Rear Axle
gashog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out