Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #1

Slide out problem

We have a 2015 Rockwood 8289WS. We just came back from a four day camp out and after we had parked in our driveway we tried to open the slideouts to take some things into the house. Not any of the 3 slideouts would go out. They had come in just fine at the campground and we have never had a problem before in the past 3 years. There is power to the fuses, but no reading at the switch panel for the slideout switches. Everything else is working, both on 12 volt and on shore power. We manually can get them out, but not by using the switches. Any ideas?
thegoodlife1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:23 PM   #2

One wouldn't think that all three switches would go out at the same time? I just replaced the switch on the landing gear on my 2015 Wildcat 327 ck and it was cheap plastic inside the switch that broke. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:08 PM   #3
2018 Rockwood 2703WS

Pull the switch panel and look for a fuse behind there.

For some odd reason our awning LED light has an additional fuse behind the switch panel. Our radio has an additional fuse behind the radio.

Loose wire at the fuse panel?
Houston Remodeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
Carknocker Family

Little resettable breaker up by battery in or around the a frame of trailer. Push the hard to find button to reset.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-d-420844-1_lg__37588.1469113361.500.750.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	169479  
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:41 PM   #5

IMHO the only component that all slides have in common is the battery bank. Check your batteries or have them tested. Let us know the solution.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Good life, did you get the slides working? Update us when you get a chance.
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #7

Update to slide out problem

We couldn't find a fuse near or behind the battery box, nor a reset button. There were 2 terminal blocks with red plastic caps with 3 wires going into each. We wiggled these and also the wires under the 5th wheel hitch tongue. This time all 3 slides worked, so not sure what we did or what was loose. Would still like to know where the sildeout fuse is located.
Thanks to everyone for their replies
Old 05-19-2018, 08:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoodlife1 View Post
We couldn't find a fuse near or behind the battery box, nor a reset button. There were 2 terminal blocks with red plastic caps with 3 wires going into each. We wiggled these and also the wires under the 5th wheel hitch tongue. This time all 3 slides worked, so not sure what we did or what was loose. Would still like to know where the sildeout fuse is located.

Thanks to everyone for their replies

Just found this same issue today. Look at everything. I mean everything and found this little reset button on the bottom and solved my problem.
carlismr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlismr View Post
Just found this same issue today. Look at everything. I mean everything and found this little reset button on the bottom and solved my problem.
Thank you. I will look again with a flashlight. They are all working again, but as we jiggled so many wires, we are not sure which one worked.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:35 PM   #10
jkoenig24

Arrrrrgh! I closed the slides on my 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB, drove slowly ~ .75 miles to dump my tanks and then, drove slowly back to my site. Main slide came out an inch or three and then died. Power pedestal IS supplying power; I also tried it with the 8KW generator working, and the diesel engine running, no joy Daylight tomorrow, I'll start checking for a resettable circuit breaker (nothing obvious in the inside electric panel).
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out