Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #1

Slide Out Stabilizers?

Just bought a TT with 2 slide outs on one side. One is MASSIVE (at least compared to the small slide out we had on our hybrid trailer!). We leveled the trailer before we pushed the slides out, and once they were out we were no longer level - trailer was definitely tilted toward the slide out side. Wondering if anyone else has this issue? Do you just set up a little high on the slide out side and let the trailer level when the slides come out? Do you use slide out stabilizers? Do you put additional support under the trailer frame on that side? Not sure the best approach here.

Thanks!
NewJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
Always Learning

Slideout stabilizers can hurt the slide mechanisms. If you do any supporting, support the camper's frame near where the slides are.

BUT, you got it right for handling leveling with slides, "you just set up a little high on the slide out side and let the trailer level when the slides come out."
Old 06-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What ependydad said make the big slide side higher when leveling then let slide out .
Do not use slide stabilizers.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:57 AM   #4

Okay - THANKS! I was reading some reviews stating that basically pushing up on the slides was BAD, but I didn't know if adding the additional pressure on only one side of the trailer/tires was equally bad.

We're experiencing a LOT of shaking in the trailer and thought adding the additional support would also help with that issue. But I guess just putting additional supports under the frame would do the same thing.
NewJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #5
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJammer View Post
We're experiencing a LOT of shaking in the trailer and thought adding the additional support would also help with that issue. But I guess just putting additional supports under the frame would do the same thing.
Start with the Steadyfast system for triangulation stabilizers. It'll cut down on a ton of movement:
Learn To RV: Product Review: SteadyFast Stabilizers

And then move onto other things if you still need assistance:
Learn To RV: Shake, shake, shake - RV Stabilization

Tags
slide, slide out, stabilizers