Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2022, 06:56 AM   #1

Slide out stuck in

Good morning everyone,

I let one of my buddies use my 2022 wolfpup 17JG for this weekend and he called me last night and said that the slide would not extend, its only been used a handful of times.

The first issue was he was trying to extend the slide but he had the AC on a normal house plug and the left motor would work but the right would not. I informed him to turn ac off then try as it was probably using too much power not allowing the other motor to act accordingly.. Now the bottom left side is popping and the right side of the slide is moving as normal... Any ideas? ive searched all over trying to find out what to do if there is a fix.

Is it possible someone knows the location of the motor switch that we could unplug it for the weekend and manualy extend it until we could get it looked at ?

Thanks in advance
littlehager1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:35 AM   #2
clr

A popping sound normally means that the drive gear is slipping or jumping. If it jumps very much it will shear off the teeth of the gear. What type of slide are we talking about here, electric or hydro or schwentic type?
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:36 AM   #3

it is the schwintech slide
Old 07-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #4

What kind of Slide out? We had similar issues with our Schwintek Wardrobe slide out on our last trip. 3rd day out it stopped working. Our dealers maintenance guy tried to talk us through resetting it and when that didn't work looked for a place that would look at it on the road. None of that worked and it's now at the shop. Based on our experience last month the popping noise is not good and your slide out will not go out. No matter what you do.
Robotics Team Coach
2022 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2891BH
2019 Ram 2500 Bighorn Mega Cab 6.7 Diesel
jdunkmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 07:43 AM   #5

Its the dinette schwintech slide out.. im hoping i can manually override just to get it out and in this weekend then take it in
Old 07-02-2022, 08:18 AM   #6
clr

A schwintech slide has a control box that many times will be within a storage bay near the slide out. You should try to reset the box or unplug the power to the box that will also reset it. The lights on the box will flash out a code to tell you what the problem that the slide has encountered.
My schwintech slide has failed twice and both times it was the motor. Schwintech slides have a motor for each side, and both times the wires were cut by the slide movement at the motor. So in my case no reset or manual mode would work.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #7

Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehager1 View Post
Its the dinette schwintech slide out.. im hoping i can manually override just to get it out and in this weekend then take it in
Good Luck. As for my wardrobe slide out there was no override well not one that was an option. The controller in the basement allowed me to try resynchronize the motors. The only motor/brake override instruction I found were to disconnect the motors/brakes and push it out. The problem I found with that was there were no instructions on how to reset the brakes. The only instruction was how to block (there are special blocking devices or you can cut 2x4s') the slide after you get it back in. We were 2500 miles from home and that wasn't an option. Yours may have a different way of doing it.
Robotics Team Coach
Old 07-02-2022, 09:07 AM   #8

these may help

These may help. Good Luck
Robotics Team Coach

Tags