Old 04-28-2020, 07:55 PM   #1

Slide out Tilted in at top

Ok first off I've searched for many hours and googled and can not find answer.
So my 18' slide out is in at the top about 1.5" to 2" its been this way since i purchased this unit it is repo and we live in it full time.so i dont need get it perfect but would like to improve it as my refrigerator is in this slide and would like thing to not roll off counter.so i have through frame electric slide setup and i know where to make all the adjustments but i was wondering if their is something else i should check i did adjust vertical only about quarter inch down on the adjuster bolt.i just seem im going bottom the adjuster bolt all the way down.i know quarter at the bottom will move top quite a bit i think im just second guessing my self not wanting to screw it i did mark my starting point.on the inside its very small gap at seal and have no leaks and slide moves in and out fine.

Gmoney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:47 PM   #2

I have 2018 wildwood heritage glen 337bar

Old 04-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #3

Ok i had more issues than what i thought.first i have never had slide closed since I purchased it to see how things lined up so i closed it up and found front high about inch and rear was low over 2 inches so i fixed that by do vertical adjustment and now everything line's up when closed.
So i also noticed when slide out was that it was extending to far as it was pushing molding off the slide wall in lower corner so i adjusted the stop on threaded rod it took 6 turns from my mark and factory mark so know molding can be secured back as factory had it.
So now my question is i have a gap at top between wall and seal about 1/4 to 3/8 inch so when slide is out if i make vertical adjustments im going to change my alignment for when its closed.are their any other adjustments?thinking of tapered shim out on vertical adjustment bolts of 1/8".
Old 04-30-2020, 03:47 PM   #4
Head Rambler

1/4" to 3/8" isn't much out of alignment. As long as the seals are sealing I'd wouldn't worry about it.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:14 AM   #5

You did the important thing, mark your starting point. Go ahead and adjust it, and see if it improves. It helps to lubricate the adjusters before proceeding. One thing to keep in mind is, when you level it, you may also alter it's movement in and out so be sure to check it's movement before you finish. A very small amount of adjustment adds a lot of movement in the slide itself. Be sure the slide does not bind in the opening also. There's not a lot of clearance.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 03:12 PM   #6

Raining today so ill wait for a dry day and make couple more adjustments its close just need do small vertical adjustments.the slide just doesnt want lean out like my other slide when extended. When i close it up make contact at top and bottom pulls in just like it should.

Tags
slide, slide out