Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2015, 07:27 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
The RV tech that came to me used a putty knife to break the "glue". He called it something, but I don't recall what.... maybe dicor sealant.
Butyl Tape‎ ??

What no pics of all this work???

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 07:28 PM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
Butyl Tape‎ ??What no pics of all this work???

Would that squeeze out the edges when compressed?
Old 01-20-2015, 07:30 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Would that squeeze out the edges when compressed?
Yepperz

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 PM   #24
Always Learning

Quote:
Yepperz

That would be it.

No pics- I was too busy helping the guy (and generally at my wits end with the slide by that point- the day before I drove from the overnight parking lot spot to my campsite with my slide deployed by 12" or so).
Old 01-20-2015, 07:34 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
That would be it.

No pics- I was too busy helping the guy (and generally at my wits end with the slide by that point- the day before I drove from the overnight parking lot spot to my campsite with my slide deployed by 12" or so).
X2

how far was that drive?? I would have been living on the edge driving like that!

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-20-2015, 08:44 PM   #26
Always Learning

Quote:
how far was that drive?? I would have been living on the edge driving like that!

Not far, but through the gates and a turn or two. It sucked, most definitely.
Old 01-20-2015, 09:03 PM   #27

My Rockwood 2703ws is in the shop now with the same problem; rear motor shot and slide is in. At least it is still in warranty.
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:04 PM   #28

Slide out

If you were able to extend the slide 12", that is certainly far enough to take them both loose..the set screw on the exterior can be accessed with that much hanginf out..Once the motors are lifted up a 1/2". that takes them out of the gears, then the slide is free to move in and out freely. Lippert told me that moving the slide out with the motors still in there respective grears, even if un-plugged with no power was virtually impossible to achieve..we had four grown men pushing on mine out and it would not move at all...The gear ratio on the motor is impossible to turn even with a pair of vice grips.....Give me the whole nasty story again..kickster

Quote:
Not far, but through the gates and a turn or two. It sucked, most definitely.
2012 Jeep Compass Limited
1985 S-10 One Owner:
LKicklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #29
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKicklight View Post
If you were able to extend the slide 12", that is certainly far enough to take them both loose..the set screw on the exterior can be accessed with that much hanginf out..Once the motors are lifted up a 1/2". that takes them out of the gears, then the slide is free to move in and out freely. Lippert told me that moving the slide out with the motors still in there respective grears, even if un-plugged with no power was virtually impossible to achieve..we had four grown men pushing on mine out and it would not move at all...The gear ratio on the motor is impossible to turn even with a pair of vice grips.....Give me the whole nasty story again..kickster
Not sure if you're insinuating that I'm telling tale tales or what- but as I said, I was able to get movement out of mine. It did finally budge in Orlando and I couldn't get it to move- but I got it out and back in a few times before and after that. I've got no reason to tell stories- life is weird enough without making stuff up.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:08 AM   #30

By no means would I ever do such a thing to a fellow FROG, just repeating what the Lippeert Engineer who designed this thing repeated to me...no we could not get it to move not even an inch, and yes we had four 200# men trying to push this thing out, don't have to worry about it coming out on the way home, heck if I knew it would come out by its self, we would be on a wendy road right now just waiting for it to FALL OUT, THAT WOULD BE THE ANSWER TO OUR PROBLEM..TAKE CARE, we are still here in Florida with a sofa in the middle of our living room...kickster
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 01-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #31

Sofa Slide

After beating this horse to death, I have pretty well concluded that the only way to get the sofa slide to extend is with the electric motor dead to the world, will be to drill a 5/8" diam. hole in the exterior slide trim, insert another smaller drill bit to locate the allen head set screw in the Schwntek Motor, this will relieve the motor so it can be removed from the interior of the coach as intended. To bad the factory never thought of this procedure when the coach was designed years ago. After replacing the bad motor, we should be able to extend the slide for the first time in three weeks. Will try to call Ron Green at Forest Rivers Repair Facility first thing in the morning, as I intend to begin whacking on this thing by nine AM on Monday..I see by some other threads posted this is the only path at this time given that the slide trim is screwed all the way around the slide and no one but Superman can ever get this darn slide to be pushed out.......
Pictures of this process will be documented.....
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 01-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #32

My local shop has changed out mine this week. Not sure how many it took to slide it ouut but i'm gonna talk to them tommorow when I pick it up, just so i'll know for next time.I'm going to look into replacing the screww that secures the motor with a SS pin that could be removed from inside or out. The rubber gaskets should keep it from 'walking out'.
Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 06:53 PM   #33

Pick Up Coach

Would be interested in knowing where you took it to get it repaired. If it rains here tomorrow, that will give me time to make a few more calls...Removing pin or screw from the inside would be a great idea..keep me posted..send me a private message with your number, I will do the same..kiskster
Lake Wales Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
My local shop has changed out mine this week. Not sure how many it took to slide it ouut but i'm gonna talk to them tommorow when I pick it up, just so i'll know for next time.I'm going to look into replacing the screww that secures the motor with a SS pin that could be removed from inside or out. The rubber gaskets should keep it from 'walking out'.
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 01-25-2015, 07:04 PM   #34

Quote:
Would be interested in knowing where you took it to get it repaired. If it rains here tomorrow, that will give me time to make a few more calls...Removing pin or screw from the inside would be a great idea..keep me posted..send me a private message with your number, I will do the same..kiskster
Lake Wales Florida

Randy ...... check your E-mail
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #35

http://www.amlrv.com/site/wp-content...l-override.pdf
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #36
Site Team

LKicklight, any more news on the slide prob?

Zelda the campin dog
Old 01-31-2015, 08:20 AM   #37

Wiring issues

Looks as though we may have a wiring issue with our sofa slide after all. Checking the wiring i have discovered a short going to the #2 motor, this wiring runs under the slide out inside the coach,have no idea how to get to it short of removing the slide out complerely. Will let the dealer deal with that when we get back home on the 23rd of march. Having a sofa sitting in the middle of your living room has been an experience......Think we may be checking into another brand of 5th wheel soon. Seems as though every time we leave to go out on the road, something else pops up. We preflight everything very well, this should not being happening, as we are as anal as it comes to having everything just right...Kind of sick right now, all this money invested in something we have no confidence in any longer..

Quote:
How to extend slideout when motor is not working???
1985 S-10 One Owner:
Old 02-21-2015, 06:56 AM   #38
Site Team

Looking for an update on the slide-out issue, if there is one

Zelda the campin dog

Tags
slide, slide out