Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #21
Site Team

No Converter alone will not operate slide, it needs help from the battery. You can try to charge the battery, but I don't expect success. Charge the battery for 24hrs, Let it sit for 24 hrs then try slide again. Testing with a multimeter will not be sufficient. It will most likely test good, but not support a load. If the battery was in the TT without being disconnected or a shut off switch since July, it is most likely not going to be able to be saved.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 06:32 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
You need to HELP us! You keep referring to "Motors" this leads to a "Schwintek Slide System" if this is True there are "LOTS of Issues" that could be causing Slide problems,Brought On by your "DEAD Battery"! Now is it a "Schwintek"?? Youroo!!
Online pics of the Grey Wolf 26RL show that it has a Schwintek slide system. It also looks like the sides of the slide out have textured aluminum panels. Maybe try lubing the slide swipe seals and making sure the sides are clean and not sticky with something. Could also try to have someone gently push on the slide as you move it out and see if it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5aec0339c1d42a73cc4cd741.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	174516  
Old 06-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #23
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Campers View Post
PLEASE HELP!!! I brought our Forest River Grey Wolf 26RL trailer home from its annual Pennsylvania Safety Inspection this afternoon. I am now finding that the slide out will not slide out. It starts and moves out an inch or two and the motors stop. It will come back in. Trying again, it only goes out an inch or two. THis is very frustrating because the slide motors were replaced less than a year ago. Since the motors work for a few seconds, I am not sure it is the motors. ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Thanks, Rich
Check this out....
heritage-glen-28r-slideout-stuck-shut-156655.html
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankirk View Post
Online pics of the Grey Wolf 26RL show that it has a Schwintek slide system. It also looks like the sides of the slide out have textured aluminum panels. Maybe try lubing the slide swipe seals and making sure the sides are clean and not sticky with something. Could also try to have someone gently push on the slide as you move it out and see if it goes.
Thank you very much "Dankirk" for Finally giving Info on the Type of Slides,I ask several times for the Owner to Help on this to No Avial! Maybe he will Read the Manual on how to "Sync the Motors"? Thanks again dankirk for your Help! Youroo!!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:31 PM   #25

Although I have significant mathematical and technical skills being an engineer for more than 40 years, slide out technology is not one of my skills. For this reason I seek advice from those more knowledgeable. I do not know how to determine if the slide is a Schwintek model. Rather than pointing out that I had not responded, it might have been more helpful to let me know how to determine the slide type. I do not recall any technical info in the documentation that came with the trailer. We purchased it new. I will look tomorrow. Will it contain info on how to sync the motors?

The photo shown by Dankirk is our trailer exactly. I also inspected the sides of the slide inside the trailer and they appear to be clear and free of any material.
Old Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:39 PM   #26

WOOHOO!!! I have had the slide in and out a few times. I had the battery checked and it was shot. So I purchased and installed a new battery. To my disappointment, the slide still would not move more than an inch. While it was out an inch I confirmed that the gaskets were not sticking and I did not see any obstructions. So I searched for the control box and found it at the back inside underside of the slide. Difficult to access with the slide in. The light was blinking. So I put it into manual mode by pressing the small button six times and holding it the seventh time until the light blinked. Then I functioned the slide and it went in and out. GREAT!! I cycled it a few more times and found that the front of the slide will continue for a second or two after the back is all the way out. When it comes back in, the front again will continue for a few seconds. Since I do not know if I actually fixed a problem I must ask what should I do next? Nothing?? Should I be concerned that the front of the slide does not seem to be aligned with the back???

I would like to know if I actually solved a problem or was just lucky. By the way when the slide is out there is no way to get to the control box. So this concerns me too.

While I am at it, what is this Aerospace stuff? Is it a gasket (weatherstripping conditioner)?

Rich
Old 06-04-2018, 02:44 PM   #27
Site Team

https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Aer...=aerospace+303

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:59 PM   #28

take a look at this https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ce_Manual1.pdf
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #29

Quote:
WOOHOO!!! I have had the slide in and out a few times. I had the battery checked and it was shot. So I purchased and installed a new battery. To my disappointment, the slide still would not move more than an inch. While it was out an inch I confirmed that the gaskets were not sticking and I did not see any obstructions. So I searched for the control box and found it at the back inside underside of the slide. Difficult to access with the slide in. The light was blinking. So I put it into manual mode by pressing the small button six times and holding it the seventh time until the light blinked. Then I functioned the slide and it went in and out. GREAT!! I cycled it a few more times and found that the front of the slide will continue for a second or two after the back is all the way out. When it comes back in, the front again will continue for a few seconds. Since I do not know if I actually fixed a problem I must ask what should I do next? Nothing?? Should I be concerned that the front of the slide does not seem to be aligned with the back???

I would like to know if I actually solved a problem or was just lucky. By the way when the slide is out there is no way to get to the control box. So this concerns me too.

While I am at it, what is this Aerospace stuff? Is it a gasket (weatherstripping conditioner)?

Rich
Do nothing. That is correct operation.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #30

No woohoo the slide will not move again

NO WOHOO!!! I spoke too soon. I had the slide out for several hours. When I tried to bring it in. It would not move more than a few inches, mostly at the front. So now the situation is worse than before.

I removed a trim panel to get to the slide control panel and did the manual override function several times but the slide will not come in. I did read the manual on the slide. It says if I disconnect the wires to the control panel it will release the brake on the motors and with help, I might be able to push the slide in. My wife an I will try this. If that does not work I will try to disengage the motors but this is more difficult especially at the front where the slide is just a few inches from a perpendicular wall.

Still very frustrated. I think the problem is ralated to the front motor always being ahead or behind the rear motor. When it does move a few inches in or out the front moves more than the rear. I am guessing the motors are out of sync but I don't see anything in the manual about sync'ing the motors of a Schwintek slide.

Rich
Old 06-04-2018, 04:33 PM   #31

Quote:
NO WOHOO!!! I spoke too soon. I had the slide out for several hours. When I tried to bring it in. It would not move more than a few inches, mostly at the front. So now the situation is worse than before.

I removed a trim panel to get to the slide control panel and did the manual override function several times but the slide will not come in. I did read the manual on the slide. It says if I disconnect the wires to the control panel it will release the brake on the motors and with help, I might be able to push the slide in. My wife an I will try this. If that does not work I will try to disengage the motors but this is more difficult especially at the front where the slide is just a few inches from a perpendicular wall.

Still very frustrated. I think the problem is ralated to the front motor always being ahead or behind the rear motor. When it does move a few inches in or out the front moves more than the rear. I am guessing the motors are out of sync but I don't see anything in the manual about sync'ing the motors of a Schwintek slide.

Rich
I think I'm confused about your description of front and rear. I thought you were describing top and bottom. My top stops first the bottom continues for a short time. Same in reverse. bottom first the top to follow. Sounds like you is getting into a bind. I think you need to adjust your stops. Just a guess.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:50 PM   #32

Slide still stuck out

I just unscrewed the control panel from the wall. As I stated before it is under the slide and is impossible to see while screwed to the wall. Now that I can turn it so I can see it, I see that it is giving me a Hall Signal not present code. The manual says Encoder not providing a signal. Usually a wiring problem. Any advice on finding this problem? '

I will likely disengage the motors and try to push the slide in. I disconnected the motor wires at the panel. This is supposed to disengage the motor brakes but I am not able to push in the slide. So the next thing is to disengage the motors and try to push it in.

I would appreciate any advice on fixing the hall signal.

RIch
Old 06-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #33

Out of frustration, I put the slide into override (again) and the slide came in. I am now trying to re-time the slide but do not seem to be making progress. I will continue tomorrow. I am still stucke with the HALL SIGNAL CODE PROBLEM. When this is resolved I will want to extend the sires so that I may mount the control panel outside the trim panel. Where it was,I could not see the codes. To extend the wires, I will need to lengthen 2 wire harness/connectors and 2 individual wires.
Old 06-04-2018, 05:37 PM   #34

Schwintek slides are notorious for synch, motor, and track problems. Several of my friends have them and have hell with them on occasion. But after watching and talking to several mobile techs, they now can pretty much fix most problems. They also carry extra motors.

At this point, I'm thinking you would be ahead in the long run by calling a mobile tech for some expert help.
Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #35

Quote:
Out of frustration, I out the slide in override (again) and the slide came in. I am now trying to re-time the slide but do not seem to be making progress. I will continue tomorrow. I am still stucke with the HALL SIGNAL CODE PROBLEM. When this is resolved I will want to extend the sires so that I may mount the control panel outside the trim panel. Where it was,I could not see the codes. To extend the wires, I will need to lengthen 2 wire harness/connectors and 2 individual wires.
Since your extending 12-volt wiring just use insulated butt splice connectors. Cut the wire in 1/2 and splice in a new piece. No need for harness connectors. Get connectors sized to the wire.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #36

Cavie,

My Schwintek slide has two motors one at the front and one at the rear. Both motors are at the top of the slide with shafts to the bottom. When I have been able to extend and retract the slide it seems normal until the last second when the front motor runs a second or 2 longer than the back. This happen when going in and when going out. I may not be doing the timing procedure correctly (I saw it on youtube) but it did not seem to be helping. AND I do not know if this is related to the HALL SIGNAL code the controller is giving me.

Rich
Old 06-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Cavie,

My Schwintek slide has two motors one at the front and one at the rear. Both motors are at the top of the slide with shafts to the bottom. When I have been able to extend and retract the slide it seems normal until the last second when the front motor runs a second or 2 longer than the back. This happen when going in and when going out. I may not be doing the timing procedure correctly (I saw it on youtube) but it did not seem to be helping. AND I do not know if this is related to the HALL SIGNAL code the controller is giving me.

Rich
you do need to sink the start/stop of the motors. I have no Idea what the Hall Signal is. let's hope somebody with the same slide pops in here soon.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #38

Slide will not open

Cavie,

I contacted Lippert/Schintek, told them the problems and asked for advice. maybe they will tell me more clearly how to time the motors and what to do about the HALL SIGNAL (#8 fault code) problem.

I would rather solder in longer wires but the space is so limited under the slide that I may have to but splice in longer wires. One way or another, I am going to make the controller more accessible.

One thing I do know is that the battery was not the problem. My new battery did not change anything and the Lippert/Schwintek manual says the slide will operate with as little as 8-9 volts although the amperage increases and would eventually cause a motor to fail.

Thanks

Rich
Old 06-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #39

Here are a few sites with info about the Schwintek Hall Signal error:

Schwintek slide problem - Dutchmen Owners

Schwintek, Lippert slide out - iRV2 Forums

https://www.lci1.com/images/support/lipsheet/0272.pdf

Slide out - Thor Forums

Sounds like often times a bad motor can cause the Hall Sensor code.

Best of luck getting the problem fixed! Let us know what it is.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:44 PM   #40
Site Team

There are also numerous YouTube videos on Schwintek troubleshooting.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out