Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
bns

Slide outs fuse keeps blowing

When I attempt to put my slides in or out the fuse bows after a few seconds any ideas??
bns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:57 PM   #2
Site Team

Is anything binding it (them). I have a cabinet door in below my television, that I have to make sure doesn't open and put the slide in a bind.

Also you don't have slide locks in place, do you?

It may help more, if you state make/model of RV you have...and what slide(s) this is happening on?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:04 PM   #3
bns

It's a 2013 wildcat sterling.. All slides go out together it blows after about 7 secs as they come in or out took me four fuses to get them in last time I also noticed the leveling system saying low voltage and shutting off as I raised or lowered jacks battery checked out good. I was plugged in to shore power when this happened
Old 03-24-2016, 07:42 AM   #4
Site Team

If you're sure that the battery is good, it sounds like you have a bad connection in the wiring to the pump motor. Have you removed and cleaned the battery terminals?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #5
bns

Yeah I removed the battery and had it tested at a parts store and cleaned terminals it's weird that the leveling system is saying low voltage same time as this started happening
Old 03-24-2016, 10:35 AM   #6
Site Team

I'd look along the wiring feeding the pump and remake any connections you find. Also, clean and retighten the negative connection to the frame and near the motor if it's connected there rather than ran all the way to the battery.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:30 PM   #7

You may have a connection that has corroded and is not passing sufficient power. There have been some people that have up'd the amperage of the fuse to compensate for this exact same problem, as they could not find any other reason. We had a 2010 Wildcat, but never experienced this issue. There were many post on this on the Wildcat forum. I believe FR may have issued a TSB on this.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, slide