Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2016, 02:40 PM   #1

Smile Slide Outs grooved out on bottom...

Need some helpful advice/ideas. I have a FR Flagstaff 832IKBS with 3 slides. Slides work properly with no problems. However, while underneath them cleaning and such, I noticed the couch/kitchen slide and the dinette table/fireplace slide had grooves approximately 1/2 inch side but only about 1/16 inch deep extending in a straight line from the camper out to the edge of the slide. They were grooved out into the wood flooring of each slide and ran the length of the slide. It seems as if they are scraping on something while either closing, opening, or both. One slide had only one groove cut into the floor. The other slide...the larger one...had about 4 or 5 grooves. What could be causing this scraping of the bottom of the slide floor and what can I do about it? Are there some kind of spacers maybe out of place..and if so, how do I access them to repair. Thanks to all the forum posts on this site. I have been educated about many things since subscribing. Again, I appreciate any help and assistance on my problem.
Tirebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirebuilder View Post
Need some helpful advice/ideas. I have a FR Flagstaff 832IKBS with 3 slides. Slides work properly with no problems. However, while underneath them cleaning and such, I noticed the couch/kitchen slide and the dinette table/fireplace slide had grooves approximately 1/2 inch side but only about 1/16 inch deep extending in a straight line from the camper out to the edge of the slide. They were grooved out into the wood flooring of each slide and ran the length of the slide. It seems as if they are scraping on something while either closing, opening, or both. One slide had only one groove cut into the floor. The other slide...the larger one...had about 4 or 5 grooves. What could be causing this scraping of the bottom of the slide floor and what can I do about it? Are there some kind of spacers maybe out of place..and if so, how do I access them to repair. Thanks to all the forum posts on this site. I have been educated about many things since subscribing. Again, I appreciate any help and assistance on my problem.
Your problem is the screws on the neon plastic that they ride on the screw heads are causing the groves. Countersink them and paint the bottom groves the the problem will end. Had the same problem but no more...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

Slides

Sounds logical,WitchDoctor. Could you give me an idea as to where to look for these screws? This is my first RV with slides and I am not totally familiar with them yet. BTW, thank you so much for the quick reply and solution.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:18 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirebuilder View Post
Sounds logical,WitchDoctor. Could you give me an idea as to where to look for these screws? This is my first RV with slides and I am not totally familiar with them yet. BTW, thank you so much for the quick reply and solution.
Open your slide, pick the edge up of the carpet you will see 3 bars that are attached to the pan that the slide drops down into, should line up with your grooves.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #5

Witch Doctor...found them and problem solved. Sure enough, a few of them had worked loose. Looks like another potential problem solved by the wonderful campers on Forums. Thanks so much for your experience and expertise. Happy Camping. Now my wife and I will continue "Livin' the Dream."
Old 06-12-2016, 12:02 PM   #6

Groves

Can anyone post a picture???
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, slide, slide out