Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2020, 07:52 PM   #1

Slide ripped linoleum

We have a 2015 23' Greywolf DBH with a small slide-out.

The last time we used it the slide-out sagged and ripped the linoleum when we retracted it. The kickboard was also bent inwards. Obviously the box has sagged.

I noticed the angle supports on the left side of the trailer were buckled from the load (No impact marks and since we have owned this since new, I don't recall any incidents that have caused the buckling.)

Today I made some braces out of 1-1/2" angle iron, straightened the braces and bolted them in place with four 3/8" bolts (AN3-4), washers, and locknuts. As I was drawing the braces straight I could hear the slide-out move but not enough to lift it off the floor.

Can any of you tell me how to adjust the slider box? It may have slipped on the gear tracks, I'm not sure.

Thanks and my apologies if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it with the advance search function.

Stay healthy!
RVNININER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
Site Team

Are the slide rack and pinions on the bottom of the slide or on the sides?

If they're on the bottom you most likely have a thru-frame slide. There are Service Manuals online for those and they have pretty good instructions for adjustments.

If you can post some pics of where it's out of alignment we may be able to give you some pointers about what to adjust and how.
Old 04-07-2020, 02:50 PM   #3

The slides are on the sides and as near as I can tell, they are lighted up correctly.

I have a Schwintek RV slide system with two aluminum strips on either side of the box, one high and one low.

The trailer is in my pole building and I can't put it out, without pulling the trailer outside.

I wonder if it is possible that the gears have slipped out of position. Is that possible?
RVNININER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:24 PM   #4
Site Team

That slide system doesn't depend on the gearing to support the slide room as it travels. They will have pads or rollers to do the supporting. Search for a service manual for Schwintek slides online and see if it helps.

Tags
slide