Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2020, 02:08 AM   #1

Slide room/topper sag 2014 Columbus

Hello, I guess when you buy used you find all kinds of things you overlook at the dealership no matter how thorough you try to be. I asked many questions at the dealership and thought I was given reasonable answers. I noticed the other day that the topper on the main slide room on our 2014 Columbus 325RL was sagging more than I thought it should. I realize that it's not new and maybe stretched or something but then I noticed that the room is tilted in at the top. It doesn't appear to be a huge amount but I am wondering if it is causing the topper sag. It is not noticeable in the coach and when I feel around the seal it seems OK. I really didn't notice it until just the other day and we have owned it for a few weeks. Has anyone with a similar 5th wheel experienced anything like this? Thank you!
tuneman59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #2

The tilting of the slide box should have no effect on the topper. The topper is held taught by the spring in the roller tube it does not lock in any position but keeps constant pressure on the fabric. It may be that the spring has lost some of its tension. some folks put a pool noodle or beach ball under the fabric to get rid of the sag others put more tension on the spring.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, columbus, roo, slide