Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2016, 08:24 AM   #1

Slide rubbing on floor

Columbus 320RS the dinning room slide rubs the floor when it is 2/3rd of the way in and does the same when coming out. Is there an adjustment procedure for this?
shook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 01:20 AM   #2

We are now having the same problem on our 3171 Forester. It's the Lippert slide on the drivers side with couch and kitchen stove. When we extend the slide the carpeted board below the stove starts separating from the stove and we have to keep kicking it while the slide is gong out, otherwise it would rip that bottom board off. Anyone ever had this problem ?
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 04:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shook View Post
Columbus 320RS the dinning room slide rubs the floor when it is 2/3rd of the way in and does the same when coming out. Is there an adjustment procedure for this?
Yes you can adjust that I'll attach the instructions, but you need to be very careful with this adjustment and your clearance in the the side wall. I did finally give it up. I now just put what are called slide slickers to protect my carpets. My main problem is that FR installed my Sirius radio antenna in the roof of my slide which creates a problem of clearance. Make sure you count your turns and make them both the same on each end.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lieppert-electric-slideout.pdf (1.47 MB, 1374 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 12:57 PM   #4

Same issue with slide rubbing floor

Had same issue on a Georgetown 360. It marred the tile. Dealership got permission from Forest River to install a Teflon strip. Seems to have correct problem. This was done while warranty was in effect. If you have this done be sure to check the paint on your unit. We discovered some tiny spider webbing in our paint job after the fact. To late to bring to the attention of the dealer
Suspect it was due to "lifting the slide" a bit to get the Teflon strip in place and secured
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide