Old 03-24-2020, 04:57 PM   #1

Slide scraps the floor

I have 2018 Cedar Creek 38 FBD. The off door side slide has started dragging on the floor when closing. Originally once it started moving in the leading edge would raise about an inch to inch and a half. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it a complicated repair? Some searches indicate that I should check the rollers/wheels on the slide. Thanks for any assistance.

gmacecsko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #2

We don't have the same model as you however on our 37MBH, we experienced that same issue on the large slide that houses the full sized fridge, entertainment system, stove, oven, microwave and pantry. When the slide was being closed, it would tip downwards and the corner would hit the linoleum which then caused the linoleum to buckle. Eventually it tore the floor.

The dealer had to repair the floor and made adjustments however they warned me that it may happen again as that slide is crazy heavy with all the appliances and food. If it does happen again, they said they would have to install rollers on the front as this is not an uncommon issue for those heavy slides.

Fortunately all of ours was done under warranty.

Old 03-25-2020, 05:45 AM   #3

They sell plastic strips, about 3' long that you place on the floor before you close the slide where the rollers go. My friend just uses Miller Lite cardboard from the case. Works fine.
Rusty
lcv800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, slide