Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 11:49 AM   #1

Slideout carpet saturated!!

Complete camper noob here! Just purchased our first camper, Wildwood 29VBUD. We've taken it out 3 times already and haven't any issues, or so we thought.

Apparently the entire carpet on the 13 foot slide-out was sopping wet when my wife went in to prep for an upcoming trip. I do mean the ENTIRE carpet. From one corner to the other. She randomly went to get something out of the storage areas and noticed a bin being a little wet, thinking maybe our Kuerig had some water left in it. Nope!

I know the answer could be ANYTHING, but anyone want to guess where the water might be coming from? I also know water can be random, but is this in anyway common for a brand new camper? We have had it almost exactly 2 months and it seems it must have been leaking for a while. We hadn't had rain in a few days from when my wife noticed the water.

Worth noting, it's currently at the dealership, but to say we are pissed is an understatement. I wish RV's had lemon laws in all states like cars do!!

(Pictures included of the water seeping up the wood)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image10.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	421.6 KB
ID:	257076   Click image for larger version

Name:	image9.jpg
Size:	385.3 KB
ID:	257077   Click image for larger version

Name:	image5.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	399.2 KB
ID:	257078   Click image for larger version

Name:	image6.jpg
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	257079  
Rigzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #2
Always Learning

RVs are built by humans and humans are prone to errors. Add in rushing through a build and you're prone to more errors. Such is life with an RV. Fortunately, you found it fairly quickly and it can be dealt with. It sucks, I know but it won't be your last issue with an RV.

Most likely is going to be a window above or the edge of the slideout is letting water intrude.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:26 AM   #3

That sucks, but straight back to the dealer it should go, and have them show you the water source during the repair.
You should keep a good eye out for future leaking.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide