Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2018, 10:27 AM   #1

Slideout issue

Need help. I have a total of 4 slideouts. There are two in the back bunkroom. One of the two is not going out all the way at the top. Maybe a 1/2"-1". It closes up fine. Is there an adjustment to be made? There is nothing hanging it up and I lubed the gear and gear rack. I called the dealer and was told to push on the top as it went out and if that didn't help I could schedule a service appointment when I returned.
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:01 PM   #2

Look up the lci trouble shooting, there is a bell stop that can be adjusted, if it is there rack system,

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Look up the lci trouble shooting, there is a bell stop that can be adjusted, if it is there rack system,
I will have to look that up thanks. I did look up lippert adjustments. It closes up fine. I moved two of the jam nuts closer to the bracket but it looks like it is even at the bottom with the slide next to it. The top is pulled in and now I'm wondering if my slide topper somehow is to tight and not letting the top of the slide extend all the way out.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
I will have to look that up thanks. I did look up lippert adjustments. It closes up fine. I moved two of the jam nuts closer to the bracket but it looks like it is even at the bottom with the slide next to it. The top is pulled in and now I'm wondering if my slide topper somehow is to tight and not letting the top of the slide extend all the way out.
I can almost guaranty it's not the topper, I also think there is an adjustment manual in the library. I had to adjust mine many times, to many really, but I learned it didn't take much to screw the whole thing up. Trust me I did. If you can't find it on line let me know, I have a copy on my computer that I can send you. I learned to count the turns and also mark the threads to at least get it back to the old position if my new one didn't help, easy to do but do it slowly. It's a good system but they can come out of adjustment, much better then other ones on trailers now.

Old 07-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
I can almost guaranty it's not the topper, I also think there is an adjustment manual in the library. I had to adjust mine many times, to many really, but I learned it didn't take much to screw the whole thing up. Trust me I did. If you can't find it on line let me know, I have a copy on my computer that I can send you. I learned to count the turns and also mark the threads to at least get it back to the old position if my new one didn't help, easy to do but do it slowly. It's a good system but they can come out of adjustment, much better then other ones on trailers now.
Hey, if you could send me that manual or whatever paperwork or notes you have to adjust the slide that would be great and thank you.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
Just as confused as you

Lippert makes several different slide mechanisms. Which model of Lippert slide mechanism do you have?
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:39 PM   #7

Send me your email add. By PM, I'll attach it and send it to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
Hey, if you could send me that manual or whatever paperwork or notes you have to adjust the slide that would be great and thank you.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #8

The Lippert Service Manual I have says not to lubricate the rack or pinion gear teeth. Lubricate the drive shaft on the gear pack only, with dry silicone. Page 12.
One would expect if you lube them they would just collect grit and grim and wear much faster.
https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...ce_Manual_.pdf
Tnez23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide