Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #1

Question slideout wiring diagram 2001 wildcat

Really need help. My slideout silenoid just clicks when I engage it. I have replaced the switch. NO HELP. Everyone keeps telling me that there is a fusebetween the battery and the motor. I cannot find it. This is a 2001 Forest River Wildcat with one slideout in the front room. Appreciate any and all help
FWtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to MaxRock
I have an '04 Wildcat 29BHBP. The circuit breakers on my 'Cat are located above and to the left of the battery behind some narrow rubber strips (about 3" wide).

The CBs are very small, and do not look like he ones in your home. These are very small and there is a small red button to push the "reset".

However, if your solenoid clicks, it is getting power, just not enough. I have to ask the most basic question, is the battery charged? If so and if you have access to a volt meter, what is the voltage at the switch?

MaxRock

'02 Chevy 2500HD 415k miles as of Dec-18
DMax/ZF-6 Speed, CCLB, 0-70-110 HP VA Tuner, 5" exhaust, H2 Tires/Chrome Wheels (315x70-17),
B&W GN hitch and 5th Wheel Companion, BrakeSmart Brake Controller
MaxRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #3

Smile

If your solenoid clicks then switch and wiring are ok. switch is what clicks solenoid. Should have 12 volts DC to one side of solenoid and when closes you get 12V to other side. this will be on two bigger posts of solenoid. If you get 12v across solenoid you should have it at motor unless blown fuse to motor, bad motor, or dead battery under load. Be sure to check battery while trying to operate not just idle. Good luck
steve88 is offline   Reply With Quote