Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #1

Slideout wont retract

Extended both slideouts today (first time this spring). One retracted fine. I can hear the motor while trying to retract the other but it doesnt even attempt to move. (Lippert system with 2 large slideouts and 4 leveling jacks). Any ideas?
(2007 Georgetown)
ReneefromWisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneefromWisconsin View Post
Extended both slideouts today (first time this spring). One retracted fine. I can hear the motor while trying to retract the other but it doesnt even attempt to move. (Lippert system with 2 large slideouts and 4 leveling jacks). Any ideas?
(2007 Georgetown)
Sounds like a popped fuse. It should be located close (within 18 inches) to the battery.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #3

Thanks, I know there are quite a few fuses around the coach batteries, I will see what I can find.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #4

It might be that but some slide outs are not able to move unless plugged in to the outlet or you can also put it in by using the crank there is an acess door on the under bottom of the slide or there might be one inside or in the outside I'd the slide you might want to look on the instruction Manuel for the slide
Matthews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:46 PM   #5

Thanks - wish retracting was that easy. This is the lippert hydraulic system so it is much more tedious than using a hand crank. As soon as the snow/rain stops, I am going to check the voltage to make sure it is in spec. Traced the line a few days ago and there were no blown fuses.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
DJW

I would check the manual
maybe your hydralic oil need to be topped up
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote