Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2020, 09:38 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Space Coast of Florida
Posts: 2,838
The same relay operates the hydraulic motor for the level up system. Does your landing gear go up and down?
__________________
2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 40K+ miles
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:08 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Space Coast of Florida
Posts: 2,838
You can test the relay. Pull the yellow and green wire from the relay. There should be 2 yellow and 2 green. Take a 12v lead, you can pull the wire from the middle of the rocker switch and touch it to the terminals, one at a time that you took the green and yellow from. See if the pump runs in both directions. If not, bad relay.

Try these things of my last and let me know the results..
__________________
2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 40K+ miles
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:32 AM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 27
I would think that if the relay is bad I would not have correct operation of my hydraulic levels. They are working fine. They extend with no problems and also retract. I am starting to think there is a problem with my control board for the slideout system.
JohnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Space Coast of Florida
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
I would think that if the relay is bad I would not have correct operation of my hydraulic levels. They are working fine. They extend with no problems and also retract. I am starting to think there is a problem with my control board for the slideout system.
Sounds like control board.

To test, look in front basement in middle rear mounted to ceiling you will see the control board. Disconnect the red harness (12vdc) and the 6 wire harness in front of it. The 6 wire harness controls the pump and the level up solenoids.

With those removed try the slide switch. If control board is an issue the slides should work properly now. Both the slide and level up are connected to the relay via the yellow and green wires. We have removed the control board from the circuit.

Leave the control board disconnect 5-10 minutes so it can reset. I had an issue with the level up system once and resetting the control board cleared the issue.

Reconnect the wires and test the slide again. No go, control board bad. Go, reset cleared issue.

You can buy one at Amazon... https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07FHTNP...ing=UTF8&psc=1

I’ve attached a pic of the level up wiring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E9781F45-DA77-4174-960D-DE206EF4DD50.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	228260  
__________________
2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 40K+ miles
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 27
Slideout will not go out

My RV is at the dealer and they just called to tell me my slideout control board is bad, and needs to be replaced. After all of my investigations I did before taking it to the dealer, I was fairly sure that the control board was the problem, especially after some of you reply back that it was the problem with your units. Thank you for all of your suggestions and help with this problem.
JohnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:54 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Space Coast of Florida
Posts: 2,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
My RV is at the dealer and they just called to tell me my slideout control board is bad, and needs to be replaced. After all of my investigations I did before taking it to the dealer, I was fairly sure that the control board was the problem, especially after some of you reply back that it was the problem with your units. Thank you for all of your suggestions and help with this problem.
JohnE..... thanks for getting back to let us know what the resolution was. Happy camping...
__________________
2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 40K+ miles
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
RadMini Stepthru eBikes

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:18 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Delta, BC
Posts: 5
Plug into shore power and try again. Your batteries may not be as new and powerful as you think. I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago. Under shore power I had success and now know my batteries need a load test.
kim g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #28
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 22,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by kim g View Post
Plug into shore power and try again. Your batteries may not be as new and powerful as you think. I had a similar problem 2 weeks ago. Under shore power I had success and now know my batteries need a load test.
The OP solved what the issue was, 3 days ago and 2 posts before yours.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Rosamond, CA
Posts: 1
Slide out won’t work.

We have the FR Rockwood Ultra Lote travel trailer. Our dear dog crawled under the trailer on the slide out side and managed to pull the wires loose. Since they were hanging there, my husband fixed the problem and managed to tuck the wire up to the slide out. Check those thin wires under the slide out.
I hope it helps!!
Wlgomri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #30
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Camano Island, Washington
Posts: 22,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlgomri View Post
We have the FR Rockwood Ultra Lote travel trailer. Our dear dog crawled under the trailer on the slide out side and managed to pull the wires loose. Since they were hanging there, my husband fixed the problem and managed to tuck the wire up to the slide out. Check those thin wires under the slide out.
I hope it helps!!
See the post before yours.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:17 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 11
Slides do not go out.

First, if you have a lippert control system, are your slides locked out? This disables you’re slides from going out by restricting control voltage to the solenoids. Check that out too.
Pappygil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:01 AM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
My 2016 Cedar Creek F36CKTS fifth wheel has been winterized for 6 months. I am trying to get it ready for the camping season and cannot get my slides to move out. If I push the slideout switch to the "move in" position, I can hear the hydraulic pump trying to move the slides in. Then when I push the slideout switch to the "move out" position, I hear no pump noise. If I move the switch to the "move in" position again, I can hear the pump working. What is causing my hydraulic pump to not work when I push the slideout switch to the "move out" position. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
John, check the fuse box. It might have tripped a breaker or blown a fuse.
Rwbenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 70
We have a 2005 CC 37RDQS and belong to the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club. I have heard a lot about Orvan and how good he is at taking care of issues with your RV. I do not have his phone number and would like to get it, just in case. Can someone post it here, please?
desuhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by desuhu View Post
We have a 2005 CC 37RDQS and belong to the Cedar Creek RV Owners Club. I have heard a lot about Orvan and how good he is at taking care of issues with your RV. I do not have his phone number and would like to get it, just in case. Can someone post it here, please?
Check the fluid reservoir?.There is a drive hole in end of pump. octagon bit and a drill. run pump with drill .forward or reverse. just shows its not the pump.
Slide will move if its not the pump.
Thomas ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2
Check to be sure the solenoid serving the slideout motor is sending current in both directions. Likely just need to remve the connections and clean and tighten.
pyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
slide

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.