Old 12-20-2019, 08:26 PM   #1

Slides stopped working Leprechaun 260DS

I have a 2017 Leprechaun 260DS. It has two slide-outs. They were working fine earlier today and now neither slide will open when I press the slide switches on the control panel, and there is no sound to indicate that it is trying to open, leading me to believe that the problem is electrical rather than mechanical. I am assuming my slides are electrical rather than hydraulic. I think that a fuse must be blown or a breaker tripped, but there is no fuse in the load center for the slides and all fuses there are good. The electrical drawings which Forest River had emailed me a few months ago seem to show that there is a 30 amp fuse or breaker somewhere, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is on this model? I did find a slide out controller (photo attached) and it does indeed measure 13V DC at the power input terminals of the controller.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lippert.png
Views:	43
Size:	359.5 KB
ID:	220806  

matayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:21 AM   #2
Head Rambler

If you're reading voltage at the controller then the 30 amp fuse is good.

It sounds like a control issue to me.
Did you measure the voltage at the 'switch' input when you press the buttons?
Does your RV have manual switches or tablet/remote control?

Old 12-21-2019, 10:37 AM   #3

Fixed it

Thanks to Bama Rambler for that info. You are correct.

I fixed the problem by resetting the slide controllers for both slides. I don't understand how they could have both stopped working at the same time since they are independent, but anyway, it's fixed now.

For the benefit of others I am attaching an owner's manual and a troubleshooting manual specific to these controllers, which I found online. The procedure for resetting the controller is in the troubleshooting guide and also on the label on the front of the controller, but the label does not say that you have to press the button inside the coach to extend the slide (mine were stuck in the retracted position) within seconds after initiating the reset with a specific series of presses of the little button on the controller. Meaning that you must initiate the reset, run very fast around and into the coach, then press the slide extend button on the control panel. Or have a helper inside the coach (preferred).

By the way, on this model (2017 Leprechaun 260DS) the bedroom slide controller is located inside the largest basement storage compartment on the driver's side, to the left of the compartment door and the other one is located also on the driver's side in the small storage compartment just in front of the propane compartment. Both are covered by black plastic covers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf slide out owners manual.pdf (7.96 MB, 33 views)
File Type: pdf slide out troubleshooting manual.pdf (2.54 MB, 28 views)
matayl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide