Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2017, 04:37 PM   #1

Slides will not move

I have a 2009 Cherokee 5th wheel
Took it out of storage after 4 months and now the slide will not extend . I can here a relay activating but no movement when you activate the slide button. I've never had any issues previously. And battery is fully charged
Any thoughts?
duggk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Retired

You may have a tripped circuit breaker. Look in the forward compartments where you may find something like this...

You'll probably have to feel around for the small reset button shown.

Hope this helps.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	circuit-breakers.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	378.0 KB
ID:	143417  

2015 Palomino Sabre 33CKTS - Platinum Edition - Progressive Industries EMS HW50C - JT Strong Arm Stabilizers - Ground Control 3.0 - 320 Watt Solar with 2000 Watt Inverter
RubyDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #3

After a little investigation and taking your advise it was a blown fuse it looked very similar to the image you forward but no reset button. I ended up by bypassing it to be sure. I think I'll purchase a extra for a backup.

Thanks for the advice
dougk
Old 07-04-2017, 06:56 AM   #4
"On the road again"

Send a message via AIM to rjshiflet
We had a Sandpiper that was notorious for blowing fuses on the front "legs" that raise it up to hitch height. The first time this happened was during a 100+ Texas Summer day and I had to manually crank the fifth wheel up high enough to hook it to our truck - then manually lower it at the campground.

I soon found out that it was simply a blown blade-type fuse, so I kept a good supply of those. And it paid off, because in extremely hot weather this blowing of fuses was a somewhat predictable experience.

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Cardinal 3456RLX - '17 Ford F350 Lariat Ultimate - DRW w/B&W OEM Companion hitch
Nights Camping 2012 - 2020: 966 ~ Nights Camping 2021: 4
rjshiflet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:35 PM   #5

I had a problem with slideout blowing fuses sometimes but not always. I checked battery - OK. I took out the normal blade fuse and installed a self reset type blade fuse of the same amps. No more problems since I changed to a self reset type fuse.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #6

Resolved the issue after I replaced the circuit breaker. The dealer I bought it from said they will reset approx 5 times then there pooched. I going to replace them with breaker you can manually reset and turn off when I get to another RV dealer the local dealer didn't have any and could not find in catalogue

Thanks' for the advice
duggk

Tags
slide