Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #1

Small aluminum brackets(stops?)....

....mounted to the side of the trailer, inline with the top front edge of both slide outs. These aren't big. Maybe 3 1/2" tall, and 1 1/2" wide. Two piece assembly. One piece(held in place fore and aft with two screws) slides into the part that is screwed to the side of the trailer. The assembly is mounted to the side of the trailer with two screws.

2015 Vlite 26WFKSS

While rolling with traffic in Dallas a week ago, I had to brake a bit harder than I would have liked. The front bracket? in question, was knocked loose(although it managed to hang on thanks to the stickum used, the two screws that held it in, pulled out of the side of the trailer). I noticed it when we went to roll the slide out at the end of the day, and the arm on the side of the slide topper snagged it, bound up with the topper arm, and stopped the slide. I remove the bracket?, and everything returned to normal.

When we got ready to go the next day and my wife ran the rear slide in while I watched, I couldn't see where anything touched the matching little bracket on the rear slide. I decided to wait until I got home to reattach the bracket?, on the front slide out.
I watched during the day, to see if I was missing some small detail, that would show the purpose of the bracket?(slide topper unfurling or the like). We made it home without further incident.

My question is,...
Is the bracket in question supposed to be a stop, incase the top of the slide shifts forward?

I intend to remount the bracket?, but it seems the bracket? is kinda lightweight to be performing any serious function as a stop, but maybe it doesn't need much.
katkt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum