Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #1
Anacortesians

Source for internal bulb seal on slide-out

At the end of last season, we had a water leak into the living-room slide ceiling and cabinets. I thought we'd dried them out well enough, but the start oif this season revealed mold throughout the cabinets and associated woodwork.

I'm almost done buiding replacement cabinets, but I have one thing to repair that I can't easily find the part for.

Above the cabinets there's a long piece of wood, about 5" wide, fastened to the steel tube beam that forms the inside edge of the ceiling. At the top of the section, there's a tubular rubber seal that squeezes agsinst the inside section of the seal on the outer wall. It's roughly 1" diameter with a thicker section where it is attached to the wood.

It should be held by an adhesive strip on the seal, but the factory stapled it about every foot, distorting the seal. I'm trying to get replacement seal material, but the regularly available stuff is too small (only 3/4").

My nearest RV repair shop identified a good material, but the vendor appears to sell only in a 250-foot roll. At CW, their 3/4" foam seal is $60 for a 25' roll. I only need 12 feet, so I can't see buying a 250-ft roll! The repair folks are trying to contact the vendor to see if they'll sell by the foot, but since it's a holiday weekend, I'll have to wait until Tuesday to find out.

Meantime, I thought I'd ask is anyone is familiar with on-line suppliers of this stuff, and I'll be contactin Georgetown on Tuesday also.

PM me if you'd rather not post.

Frank