Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #1

Sunseeker 2860DS Slideout problem

Hi. Iím having a problem with my 2020 Sunseeker living room slide out today.

We were packing up to go home and the slide wouldnít go in. We heard some loud pops and noise. We checked for obstructions but couldnít find any. After moving the slide in and out we were finally able to get it back in but still heard some loud popping.

I got home and put the slide back out to troubleshoot and found what looks to be metal gear teeth inside the rack grooves. Itís a 2020 Sunseeker 2860DS. Itís a rack and pin type slide system. Iíll enclose some photos and hope yíall will be able to help me. Iím assuming from the photos that the metal pieces are teeth from that gear that are stuck in the rack. Is there an easy way to access that gear or does the slide have to come out? It also appears that the gear isnít lined up correctly with the rack. Thanks for any help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E494D968-EBD0-40D0-94B2-ABFA19599922.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	451.5 KB
ID:	253765   Click image for larger version

Name:	FA124E23-ACC1-499B-906D-DA5A62913CDD.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	346.9 KB
ID:	253766  
Stretch35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:54 PM   #2

Hope you have coverage. When mine broke 2014 same model 2860 the slide out had to be removed all day job also thereís no way to get base bolts
retired on a mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:59 PM   #3

Thanks. Itís still under warranty but dealing with Forest River hasnít been the most enjoyable experience.
Old 05-31-2021, 08:14 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch35 View Post
Thanks. Itís still under warranty but dealing with Forest River hasnít been the most enjoyable experience.
Are you dealing directly with FR or is the dealer blaming FR for the problems?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:23 PM   #5

Iím dealing directly with Forest River. The dealer has been trying to get a part number off of them for several weeks so they can schedule my appointment. Iíve been playing the middle man all this time. Iíve dealt with 3 individuals at FR now. Itís frustrating to say the least.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:41 PM   #6

Sorry to hear about this. I have that exact same MH model and year.
My dealer was so pathetic, I finally had an independent shop do our warranty repairs, and FR reimbursed me for labor. They quickly sent parts directly to the shop.
I found out once I bypassed the dealer, that they never did put a claim in. They were waiting for me to bring the RV to them, even though we already did that once before they claimed to be waiting for parts.
The independent shop had everything resolved in days. I wasted months with the useless dealer that did nothing more than jack me around.
Just to be clear, our issues didn't involve the slides. Hard to tell from the pics, but those teeth look like cheap pot metal. I can see if anything falls into that track, it's gonna be a problem.

Please be sure to let us know how this ends up.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:10 PM   #7

Here’s a 3 month update. It’s been miserable dealing with Forest River and as a result it hasn’t been a whole lot of fun dealing with the repair shop either. The slideout is still not fixed. The repair shop ordered a new slide mechanism a month ago. They got the part number and the part directly from Forest River. Well today it showed up at the repair shop and it’s the wrong part. So now we’re back to square one. Repair shop says they are going to pull the slideout and try to get the correct part number off of it. I’ve had to cancel all of our summer camping trips because of this not to mention making payments on a RV that isn’t drivable. To say I’m frustrated with Forest River is a huge understatement. I can’t think of any recourse right now but am open to ideas. Very frustrated.

Tags
slide, sunseeker