Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #1

V Lite Slide outs

2012 V30WRLTS has a front bedroom slide. when I let the slide out or pull it in, it moves side to side... not good. flagstaff did try to fix this problem but it's not there yet... the slide only has 1 slide bar under it and it's the largest storage area in the camper... the co. put a larger pull plate in but it still has some side to side motion, but not as bad... I've had 3 flagstaff, but this is my first bumper pull.... I'm lovin it but for that problem... It's going back to the dealer to see if there is anything that can be done to correct the problem.... Thanks Forestriver... great floor plan..
diegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #2

Was wondering if your slide has been fixed. We are getting our V-Lite in the middle of April and hoping we do not have slide problems as well.
Equalizer 4-Point Sway 12000# & Tekonsha P3
pbrackney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #3

I just bought a new 30WKFSS V-Lite and we love the camper. My problem is with the living room slide. It makes a horrable creaking and screaching sound that reminds me of fingernails on the black board! I took it back to the dealer to get a recall fixed and told him about the problem. They said they lubed it up and it would get better but it is still bad. I do not have this problem with the bedroom slide. If we were to leave a campground early I know we would wake everyone up! The dealer is 50 miles away so that is 100 miles to get it fixed at 8 miles a gallon. Anyone else have this problem? and how did you get it fixed.
Bolt guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:13 PM   #4

We've got two slides on our 2809..... no issues on either slide

Don't leave anything in the area where the slides go out.... learned that the hard way.... crushed my wife's computer.... it was kind of old, and all she does is play games, so it was that big of a loss.... but will not let that happen again.....
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt guy View Post
I just bought a new 30WKFSS V-Lite and we love the camper. My problem is with the living room slide. It makes a horrable creaking and screaching sound that reminds me of fingernails on the black board! I took it back to the dealer to get a recall fixed and told him about the problem. They said they lubed it up and it would get better but it is still bad. I do not have this problem with the bedroom slide. If we were to leave a campground early I know we would wake everyone up! The dealer is 50 miles away so that is 100 miles to get it fixed at 8 miles a gallon. Anyone else have this problem? and how did you get it fixed.

I get the same problem once in a while. I lube the rubber wheels the racks ride on as well as the rubber bushings that the main drive shaft goes through with fluid film and then wipe it all down. Then I move the slide in and out a few times and the noise is gone. First year drove me nuts trying to find a lube that would work good and fluid film seems to do the job with this as well as every thing else I use it for.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegro View Post
2012 V30WRLTS has a front bedroom slide. when I let the slide out or pull it in, it moves side to side... not good. flagstaff did try to fix this problem but it's not there yet... the slide only has 1 slide bar under it and it's the largest storage area in the camper... the co. put a larger pull plate in but it still has some side to side motion, but not as bad... I've had 3 flagstaff, but this is my first bumper pull.... I'm lovin it but for that problem... It's going back to the dealer to see if there is anything that can be done to correct the problem.... Thanks Forestriver... great floor plan..
If you can find it you want Crown Lubricant . I had a similar problem when I purchased my 2011 new off the dealer that had been on his lot for sometime. Spray your gears and bar then work your slide a few times, repeat as needed until the squeak goes away. It work for me. I tried lithium etc. etc. someone suggested Crown, it worked.
2011 Flagstaff classic 31.5'BHDS
Gripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #7
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
If you can find it you want Crown Lubricant . I had a similar problem when I purchased my 2011 new off the dealer that had been on his lot for sometime. Spray your gears and bar then work your slide a few times, repeat as needed until the squeak goes away. It work for me. I tried lithium etc. etc. someone suggested Crown, it worked.
Which one?

Crown Lubricants and Penetrants

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM   #8

Sorry my bad on the sp... www.Krown.com the one is Krown T40 maximum strength rust inhibitor and lubricant. comes in a spray can
Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #9

Wife seen the Krown on table (not Canadian crown royal whiskey either) and asked why. After explaining why I retrieved it from the trailer she said I should also advise I had few curses before it was squeek free. Took a liberal application and operate a few times while it got much better it took overnight and another liberal application to be squeek free. sounds like?