Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2019, 12:37 AM   #1

Wildcat Maxx 28RKX slide power issue

Let me preface this post by saying that I have gone through seemingly 100's of posts dealing with slide issues and have picked up many ideas to try, but no resolution yet! I've located and tested and double tested every fuse I could find including the fuses leading from the battery, looked high and low for circuit breakers and found none. Also located and cleaned grounds. Looked for and opened any possible cubby hole that might reveal something! Nothing!

Okay my RV is a 2015 Wildcat Maxx 28RKX and my slides and awning work fine with the remote control, but not with the switches in the command center. There is no power to the switches (tested with multi meter) and I am at a loss as to why! There is power on both sides of the fuses near the batteries and after that the wires become lost covered by the belly skin. By the time they get to the switches they are dead! Can find no other fuses or circuit breakers anywhere.

Desperate for ideas!

Thank You all for taking time to read!

Chuck
cjmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 08:39 AM   #2
Site Team

Did you test all the fuses on the remote receiver?
Can you post a pic of the remote receiver?
Does there appear to be any wires loose or missing on either the command center or the remote receiver?
Old 09-17-2019, 10:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Does there appear to be any wires loose or missing on either the command center or the remote receiver?
Thanks for the reply Bama Rambler.

Yes I have checked the fuses in the remote receiver but have not checked for loose wires on it. Kind of an bear to get to! Will do that and also post a pic.

Thank You!
Old 09-17-2019, 03:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Think I finally got this picture thing figured out!

Found no loose wires to the Remote Control Box.

Here is the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190917_123700.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	215223  
Old 09-17-2019, 04:17 PM   #5
Site Team

Did you look near the battery and see if there are 12 volt circuit breakers under the frame?
Sometimes they hide them pretty well.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:08 PM   #6

you might try applying 12 volts to the line side of a switch via jumper wire and see if the slides move, then at least you'd know it's upstream.

I just noticed while installing my solar system that there are LED's on the receiver/slide sychronizer and a code for reading the blinks. Mine was reading open ground because I'd removed the ground wire while re-routing it. Would not clear until I used the remote.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Did you look near the battery and see if there are 12 volt circuit breakers under the frame?
Sometimes they hide them pretty well.
I've checked the frame front to back looking for circuit breakers but found nothing. I'm going to look again tomorrow! I hope that it's not something covered by the belly skin!

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-18-2019, 12:33 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayther View Post
you might try applying 12 volts to the line side of a switch via jumper wire and see if the slides move, then at least you'd know it's upstream.

I just noticed while installing my solar system that there are LED's on the receiver/slide sychronizer and a code for reading the blinks. Mine was reading open ground because I'd removed the ground wire while re-routing it. Would not clear until I used the remote.
Going to try the jumper tomorrow. Hope I can get them to work using that method!
Also will check out remote receiver closer to see if it has fault lights etc. Might have to tear out a wall to get decent access to it! These manufacturers could care less about us having to service these things, they just slap em together and send them out the door!

Thank You for your ideas!
Old 09-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #9

Not sure if this is even applicable to you, but we searched high and low for a fuse for our slide last week. Finally found it hidden in the wall behind the switch.... Way down tucked behind a vent pipe. Had to pull out lots of wire to get it. It was actually sitting closer to the main fuse panel than the switch. Running the wires directly to the fuse panel is on next year's hit list for us.
leahmeilleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 01:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmeilleur View Post
Not sure if this is even applicable to you, but we searched high and low for a fuse for our slide last week. Finally found it hidden in the wall behind the switch.... Way down tucked behind a vent pipe. Had to pull out lots of wire to get it. It was actually sitting closer to the main fuse panel than the switch. Running the wires directly to the fuse panel is on next year's hit list for us.
I'll dig a little deeper!

Thank you

Tags
cat, power, slide, wildcat