Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Fulltimer

Send a message via Yahoo to StonewallGene
Wildwood Slide problem

We have a 2005 Wildwood LE 30 We closed the slides and left for a month apon return we tried to put the slides out and they wouldn't work. Check fuse it was ok check for power at switchs and there was power. So with no other way to know what was wrong I hand cranked the front one out. That evening my wife was by the door and heard a pop then we tried the slides and they work long enough to get the back slide out. After one day I tried them again and they seem to be working. Has this happen to anyone or does anyone have an idea what is going on????
Old 02-28-2010, 12:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonewallGene View Post
We have a 2005 Wildwood LE 30 We closed the slides and left for a month apon return we tried to put the slides out and they wouldn't work. Check fuse it was ok check for power at switchs and there was power. So with no other way to know what was wrong I hand cranked the front one out. That evening my wife was by the door and heard a pop then we tried the slides and they work long enough to get the back slide out. After one day I tried them again and they seem to be working. Has this happen to anyone or does anyone have an idea what is going on????
Welcome to the forums,

Sounds like a voltage problem to me. Just because you have voltage at the switch doesn't mean you have enough to operate the slides. What is/was the voltage reading at the batteries?
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
Fulltimer

I didn't check that because I was hook to elect at the time. So would that still matter???
StonewallGene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #4

The slide outs are powered by 12 volt motors on most Forest River TT's. Therefore, if you were gone for a month, your battery voltage probably ran out- or at least significantly drained, (unless you indeed had AC 120v power on while you were not there) Then your converter would need a bit of time to charge up the system to have enough DC reserve to power your slide motors. HENCE: that's why they work now. Hope this info helps you! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
Fulltimer

Thanks everyone!! I was hook to elect while I was gone but not sure if it might have work a little loose. But we have not had anymore trouble since we have been back. I have not tried on 12 volt only tho.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Fulltimer

Update At Camping World and they found the problem it turns out that the main ground that is from the battery to the frame of TT was bad. It was also in a place just by looking under the TT you would never had seen it. It had rusted and all but broken away. One it was replaced everything work fine. Thank goodness had the extended warranty it took them 6 hours to find it would have cost over 600.00 had I not had it.