Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #1

Wildwood Slide Wipers - ???

The side wiper seals on my Wildwood sometimes won't turn in when retracting the slide or turn out when extending the slide. Most of the time I have to use a broom handle to get them facing the right direction each time. My neighbors trailers seals do what they are supposed to do each time he extends / retracts the slide.. It seems as though I have seen a post somewhere that explains what some have done to change the orientation of the wiper as the slide goes in / out.. Any help? The attached photo shows the wiper I am referring to and the white material on the edge of it is caused by the wiper not facing in when the slide is retracted and when still facing out, sticks to the butyl tape used in the seam joining outer wall to the slide out sides..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SLIDE G.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	116925  
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #2

I have the same issue with our bunkhouse slide as it is smooth with no windows. Our main slide has windows which help flip the wipers over. First I would get the excess butyl tape cleaned up and off the slide seams and clean up the wipers. Some folks spray silicon or armor all to protect the rubber but this can make it too slick to flip. One person posted that small strip of automotive trim stuck on the smooth side of the slide took care of their problem. I also read somewhere that a strip of roof repair tape stuck to the slide will also help flip the wiper in and out.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:24 AM   #3

See my posts/solution under the Modifications and Updates section, Slide Seal Flap Flappers. Last post was 8/5/2016.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, wildwood