Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2021, 05:25 PM   #1

WorkAndPlay 21LT - Slide jumpy on way out

Assistance if possible please. Over the past few trips the slide (QueenBed in front of the 21LT), on the way out seems "jumpy" and not smooth, almost as-if it is riding across something (rug inside) that is placing force on it. ROLLERS OUTSIDE SEEM FINE. Today both head out equal first 1" then the rear side overtakes the front and eventually stops about 3" out max. (I am able to get the unit back in)

Is there something inside the coach section the bed area slides over possibly that is/could catch on going outward? (I can not see anything in the 4 total tracks that is causing a bind).

Thanks in advance for ANY assistance on what to look for. (Unit is a 2021 21LT and just about 1yr old)...and I'm 120m from the dealer.
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 03:15 PM   #2

Found the issue.... (horrible construction). I noticed the lower front area seemed to be binding. I pulled the rubber bumper and wiper (inside), forward facing...and could see the lower section of the assembly (where motor is on top of a long aluminum rail with the lower gears are on bottom) was forced against the aluminum track section. Once I "assisted" it outward a bit the slider ran better than new honestly.

Hate to say it but what I saw behind that bumper/wiper section was REAL bad looking. In all honesty how hard is it to make a square? Even where someone did a lousy job wrapping wires from the motor to clear over the top of that assembly had it-will-eventually-tear and short out all over it.

Never the less it is better than new now. Much smoother and WAY faster.
kaamacat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide