Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2017, 04:30 PM   #1

2006 SilverBack AC problems

Tried AC unit today with camper under pole barn and the compressor is not coming on also I noticed that the hi/lo fan is not working its just running on low. I replaced the thermostat last year with a Dometic non digital and it run fine. Has not been turned on in about 5 months. I pulled cover off top and compressor is not even warm. Not sure where to start. I only have 5.5 volts at the thermostat and have a fresh battery in camper if that matters. I have tried all I know looking for direction if anyone has had this problem.
Thanksd
scott_silverside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #2

Is your new battery fully charged? If you haven't checked voltage at the battery that would a good place to start.
I John 5:13
2007 Silverback 30LSTS
2006 F250 Super Duty Crew 6.0
Rollin Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:00 PM   #3

yes it has a full charge on it. Just curious why that would matter because if I do not have the battery in the camper the AC would run, I have done it that way many times. It was just fortunate I had a battery in it this time. And I did unhook the battery to see if that mattered and it did not.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:32 PM   #4

Found my starter for the compressor is bad not sure about safety overload switch, checks out good on continuity but not sure what a load will do to it. going to check for power this afternoon to make sure power was going to overload switch, did not check when checking capacitor. Not sure if the capacitor has to have the help in starting the compressor or not, its not a very big starter. Will keep an update on this problem. Learning as I go