Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2016, 01:37 PM   #1

2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL

We just picked up our new (used) 2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 33R. The previous owners kept a few things like the chairs, one tv, etc.

Worse, to me, they kept the documentation. It's got the 6-point Lippert automatic leveling system. Not sure if the slides are hydraulic or electric. I also have no info on the two air conditioners.

How do I operate the slides and leveling system manually if and when the need arises?

Thank you.
swbouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 02:47 PM   #2

Google is your friend. Do a Lippert Level up search and you can download the user manual. Same for the Dometic (I assume) A/C's. If you look under the slides and see a cylinder ... they are hydraulic ... Google is your friend again here searching for Lippert hydraulic slides manual.
Here's one of many links to the basic level up manual(s) http://www.primetimerv.com/download/...nersmanual.pdf
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

I didn't get any manuals with my brand new Cedar Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 06:26 PM   #4

Thank you for your help. I found what I need for the levelers. I'll work on the slides tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:21 AM   #5

No Reason to think they are not hydraulic. My 33rl, 2015, built in 2014 is. If you open the bedroom slide and it hesitates slightly, it is hydraulic. Electric in on a gear driven track and catches instantly. In the front compartment there will be a hydraulic fluid container. ( look around ).

Use on line or you tube for info.

Manuals WERE provided with our 2015. Very detailed information. I reference them frequently.

May I SUGGEST this: SUMMER WILL END; FALL WILL BEGIN; FIRST FREEZE WILL BE HERE. ( hate that! )

NOW is the time to learn HOW TO QUICKLY AND THOROUGHLY WINTERIZE. Do you have necessary supplies? Correct tools? Have located ALL DRAIN POINTS? Have correct size tool for water heater plug drain? Have small air compressor to blow lines, correct fittings? Have a CHECK LIST?

You do not want to wake up to an early October freeze and panic! If you go south and return home in freezing conditions, are you going to be prepared?

August and September will come and go. Enjoy! BUT: be prepared! 👍
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:48 AM   #6
Global Nomad

Documentation

My new 36ckts cedar creek came with minimum documentation. The information you requested was not covered. With a residential refrigerator did not tell me how to turn the water on for ice maker, did not tell me about boost for tv antenna, gave me no information on generator use, etc.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #7

I had a similar experience with the Convection Microwave. Whirlpool supplied a very brief description to operate this contraption. Did on line research to resolve.

I believe FR sends manuals to the dealer. Does NOT always get to the consumer nor are they always sufficient in detail. It is possible that optional or upgraded equipment manuals are overlooked by FR.

We are fortunate that THIS FORUM is VERY INFORMATIVE and QUICK RESPONSE!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:21 PM   #8

My 32RL Cedar Creek did not even come me how to use the microwave, just a note to go to Whirlpool website and download the manual

Old 07-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I didn't get any manuals with my brand new Cedar Creek

When I bought my Silverback it contained a manual for all the appliances, even the awning. Did you look under the seats of the dining room chairs?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
When I bought my Silverback it contained a manual for all the appliances, even the awning. Did you look under the seats of the dining room chairs?

Oh yes we looked everywhere in the camper. We have a residential refrigerator and no manual for it. Microwave and refrigerator both Whirlpool, both said to go to there website and download the manual

Old 07-20-2016, 07:31 PM   #11

As suggested, I tested the slides and they moved immediately. I also found no sign of hydraulics to the slides, so I guess they are electric, not hydraulic.

I'm still hunting down documentation, though. Only when it became a deal breaker did the Camping World sellers of the used fifth wheeler provide the chairs and the documentation. After I got it home I found the documentation was incomplete and much of it did not match the equipment.

I contacted Forest River through their web site asking for documentation that matched the VIN. No response in a week.

I found some generic Forest River info at Forest River Manuals, but I need some info that fits my RV.

Do you have any ideas where I can find basic information about the camper itself, like electrical, propane sensor, winterizing and so on?
Old 07-20-2016, 08:02 PM   #12

While I don’t have the same model and year as you do, and I don’t have the Lippert leveling system, I do believe your Silverback has hydraulic slideouts.

In the front storage compartment look for a black panel like this with a finger hole in it. Stick your finger in the hole and open the compartment and you probably will find the pump and reservoir for the hydraulic fluid behind it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6993 - Copy.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	114784

Pump and reservoir can be seen in at the upper right.

Name:	IMG_6995 - Copy.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	338.9 KB
ID:	114785

In the driver side storage compartment in the docking station are you probably have three valves as in this photo that individually control the slideouts.

Name:	SAM_3863 - Copy.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	114786
These valves turn clockwise and counter clockwise to control the flow of hydraulic fluid to the slideouts.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, cedar creek