Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #21

I have notice that the Schwintek system isn't used on the 36CKTS and the 38FB2

New 2015 Forest River Cedar Creek 36CKTS Fifth Wheel For Sale - Camping World of Fresno

New 2015 Forest River Cedar Creek 38FB2 Fifth Wheel For Sale - Camping World of Fresno
mikenjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:37 PM   #22

We have the 38CK and love it. You have less counter space than the CKTS but it's enough. The pantry is to die for. 7 deep rollout drawers which accommodate more stuff than you can imagine. The hall closet stores a lot more stuff. The CK is a bigger trailer with bigger slides, at least the bedroom one. Downside is not enough natural light in the foyer and you have to pop a slide out a bit to use the bathroom at a rest stop.
Sterlingsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 09:39 PM   #23

Also the CK has a Jack and Jill bathroom that is handier than you might think.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:30 AM   #24

Not sure by what the Schwintek system is? Going to do some research. Ok did a bit of research sounds like the Schwintek controls the in/out of the slides. And sounds like they are a big problem. Who wants a stuck slide? So I gues we need to check to see what kind of system they use on the 38CK. We are like everyone else, you spend $$ on a unit that you do not want to have major problems with, especially when traveling.
Thanks for the info and will keep researching.
Kenny-Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #25

Ok, we think we are understanding you correctly. You can't use the bathroom unless you open the slide a bit. We will check this out when we go for our look see. Sounds like poor design. Any other 38CKers have thoughts on this issue? Thanks these are the kind of issues we are interested in knowing that one does not think about at the time of purchase. Can you get to the refrigerator?
Old 03-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #26

If you can't summon the energy to push a button to open a slide a bit, you should probably just use a public restroom. Just saying that it's no real inconvenience. You can get to the fridge without moving a slide. The Swintech slide system is one of the best there is. IMO. Very popular. Uses minimum space and digital computers to operate it.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #27

Its not an issue of summoning up the energy to push a button to open the slide it is a matter of design in my opinion. Convenience or inconvenience is a matter of personal choice. Still researaching the Schwintech slide system reading many pros/cons.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Kenny-Donna
Old 03-01-2015, 03:59 PM   #28

I understand, what you get in exchange for the inconvenience is the huge hall closet that is part of the bedroom slide. It has to move in someplace and that place is the hallway. If you are on the road for long periods of time. You'll understand the value of it.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:20 PM   #29

I don't see any way the bathroom/bedroom slide could have been designed to allow bathroom access. The slide extends past the bathroom door a foot or so, to the edge of an angled wall. The bedroom slide isn't any longer than it needs to be for W/D, bedside table, and bed.
We noticed it before buying, but decided the trade-off was worthwhile.

YMMV.
Gordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:54 PM   #30

Thanks all for your thoughts pros/cons. When we go to look at the units hopefully we will be able to make up our minds. Again thank you it would be a dull world if we all liked the same thing. Happy camping to all. If there are other from anyone else we will be happy to hear them.
Dover, DE
Old 03-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #31

Good morning to all,

We decided to purchase the Cedar Creek 36CKTS. It's arrival time should be by May 1st. We went to the RV dealer in NJ, looked and compared the 38CK and the 36CKTS. The 36CKTS won. I loved the stairs in the 38CK but the lack of counter space. The 36CKTS had much more counter space which was important to me for food prep/cooking. Since we love our 34RLSA we know we will love the 36. We did get the theater seating, I hope we like them. Hubby will retrofit shelving and storage space as needed. We are excited and ready for our camping adventures. Happy camping to all.
Dover, DE
Old 03-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #32

Congratulations Kenny-Donna! You guys are going to be so happy with your new trailer. The theater seating does look very comfortable and it's right in front of the television. Please show us some picture of your new baby with it arrives in May. Happy Dance Time.
mikenjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:08 PM   #33

Congrats. We picked ours up the 1st week of February 36CKTS and we love it. We also looked at the 38 CK but for the same reasons as you chose the 36. I'm sure you will love it. We have been in ours for 6 weeks now.

2015 CC 36CKTS
2011 Ford F-250
2003 Harley Ultra Classic

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:36 PM   #34

When we quit camping in about five years I want to get a 36CKTS. Right now the 32RL will do us but later on, a 36CKTS is one pretty camper to me, that's just my two cents, enjoy yours

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:26 PM   #35

My wife and I love the 2014 38CK. Large fridge is awesome. Storage not really a issue due to the very large closet in the hall going up the stairs. As we both are getting older and wiser, the stairway going to the bedroom is very good. Especially if you ned to plan on accessibility limitations in the future. There are handrails on both sides of these stairs if needed. We have four steps going into the unit which is great! We will probably order a aftermarket handrail to go clamp on the exterior stairs. We did not opt for the dishwasher, as it does not necessarily do a large load. Most of the times, we are using disposable or burnable plates etc. My 2013 Ram 2500 Megacab with the Diesel has no problem pulling this large trailer.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #36

It was a tuff decision between the 36ckts and the 38ck. I loved 38 ck, the stairs on the other side and the bathroom with 2 doors. Loved the large hall closet. But the the 36 won out. The counter space was the clincher. I try not to use paper products if at all possible. We have the kitchen roll top cabinet in our 34rlsa now and like that we can hide the coffee pot toaster and the counter slides out. It was a hard decision many gives and takes on both units. Now we are in waiting until delivery the end of April. So. Happy camping to all we will wave as we pass each other on the roadways.
Dover, DE
Old 03-31-2015, 08:45 PM   #37

Now just wondering "If" we desire to get the dishwasher installed in our 2014 Cedar Creek 38CK, can it be done by the dealer or at the rally? I know either way, It will have to be purchased but I just wanted to make sure that it can be done after the fat if we decide to do it. Can't wait for our trip to the Dakotas this May-June.
CTGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #38

When we were looking at the 2 campers, the dishwasher was not a consideration at all. Again it took up valuable storage/drawer space, in our opinion. Plus the fact we figured that would be one more area for a possible water leak. But I know there are women that absolutely can not live without the dishwasher. I agree with everyone, when you are looking and choosing your RV it is all personal preferences.
Dover, DE
Old 04-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #39

Ok another question regarding the 36ckts. If I remember correctly there didn't seem to be a linen closet large enough for towel storage. Where are the rest of you storing your towels? Did I remember correctly about the closet. And just as a note I wish dealers would show the drawer space when they are showing pictures. It seems we look at so many RV's we sometimes forget everything we have looked at. Then while we are waiting for our unit to arrive we are planning in our heads what we need to do or where we are going to put our dishes food, etc. Another question the deeper drawers next to the stove do they have the divider that had the pegs for dishes?. I saw it in one of the RV's but now can't remember if it was in the 36ckts. I am getting anxious waiting for our unit patience patience.
Dover, DE
Old 04-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #40

We keep towels in the area above the dirty cloths hamper

2016 Ford F350 DRW
2016 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic Low
rick03hd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage