Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2019, 08:00 PM   #1

2015 Silverback 35QB4 Washing Machine Install ?

Hello Everyone,

We are coming up on our 5 year anniversary of our 5th wheel. We love it and have come across the opportunity to get(free to us) a Splendid Washer/Dryer combo.

Problem is, the sticker that used to identify where to cut the hole for the dryer exhaust is no longer in its position.

So, . . . does anyone have this trailer and still have their sticker in place or know of a way to find the proper location??

FYI the location of the install will be in the front bedroom closet, on the driver side.

2016 Chevrolet Silverado High Country 3500HD Duramax/Allison CC/LB Dually

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - T. Edison
Ryanjb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 08:21 PM   #2

In our Cedar Creek there was no sticker, I just measured where to cut the hole and cut the hole. I cut one of the aluminum studs out, I was told by the factory everything was glued and screwed
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:46 PM   #3

I don't have the same model and I also did not have a decal to go by. I did a lot of tapping, checking with a stud finder and I measured about 97 times! LOL! I drilled a 1/8" hole first so I could ensure it will be where it needs to be. When you run the hole saw, run the drill motor in reverse. It will cut a smoother hole without chipping gel coat. As soon as the saw clears the skin, STOP! Then, feel around in the insulation and make sure there are no wires in the way. I found a 120 volt AC Romex cable running right through there. Fortunately, there was enough slack that I could push the cable to one side. Then, I completed the hole cutting.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 06:12 AM   #4

Listen to Joe Ga I know for a fact he is the go to guy when any of the Cedar Creek Owners club does a w/d install.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Listen to Joe Ga I know for a fact he is the go to guy when any of the Cedar Creek Owners club does a w/d install.
Yikes! You're gonna give me a swelled head, Rennie! But, thanks for the kind words.

Old 05-09-2019, 02:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Yikes! You're gonna give me a swelled head, Rennie! But, thanks for the kind words.
Swell further, Joe.

Folks, I can NEVER repay Joe for the w/d install he did. I suspect he still hates me! LOL (I'm kidding, but it was a bugger bear!).

I couldn't have come within a country mile of doing what he did. We LOVE our Splendide set up. But the room we had for them was not adequate in many ways. Joe made it work. Took all day!

I still owe him big time.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Swell further, Joe.

Folks, I can NEVER repay Joe for the w/d install he did. I suspect he still hates me! LOL (I'm kidding, but it was a bugger bear!).

I couldn't have come within a country mile of doing what he did. We LOVE our Splendide set up. But the room we had for them was not adequate in many ways. Joe made it work. Took all day!

I still owe him big time.
One day, Bill! One day.

Old 05-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
Now if I could get you to come back for the International Rally, I need good parking volunteers for all those Cedar Creeks!!!!
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Now if I could get you to come back for the International Rally, I need good parking volunteers for all those Cedar Creeks!!!!
If only...Maybe one day. My wife's COPD has gotten worse and she doesn't breathe as well in hot humid weather. If only the rally was in April!

I sure enjoyed working with you and the gang on the parking crew!

Tags
35qb4