Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2017, 09:20 AM   #1

2017 cedar creek 35ik large slide not retracting

I️ have a 2017 cedar creek 35ik that Iíve only had for a month and the large hydraulic slide in kitchen will not retract. All slides hydraulics operate off of one switch and the other 2 slides operate. Hydraulic pump motor working and about 3Ēof hydraulic fluid in reservoir. Hydraulic level up works fine. Not sure how to get slide back in?
Keith 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #2

Should be a button by pump to operate individually
Old 12-25-2017, 09:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith 409 View Post
I️ have a 2017 cedar creek 35ik that Iíve only had for a month and the large hydraulic slide in kitchen will not retract. All slides hydraulics operate off of one switch and the other 2 slides operate. Hydraulic pump motor working and about 3Ēof hydraulic fluid in reservoir. Hydraulic level up works fine. Not sure how to get slide back in?
Hi,

Can you hear the pump running or not, when the slide has stopped coming in?

Several of us have had a perhaps similar problem, with the pump itself stopping completely. The fix for most of us has been to locate and reset a small, tiny black breaker button that (on Silverbacks at least) is on the rear wall of the front compartment, in a vertical buss bar looking assembly not far from the pump.

But if your pump is still running while the slide is dead, this is not your problem.

Good luck.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:50 AM   #4

Seems odd that in this day & time the slides are still "Random"! That is really "OLD School"! Youroo!!
Old 12-25-2017, 11:08 AM   #5
DDC

Call customer support at LCI 574 537 8900 they are very helpful, on my 33IK there are three black valve control knobs, close the ones you don’t want to move and make sure the one you want to move is in the open position. Good luck.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:10 AM   #6

Hi,

My slide operate in a predictable manner -- lightest to heaviest, both in and out. Which has meant that my kitchen slide is always the last, and the one to kick my mini breaker.

For the original poster, I don't suppose you at any point turned one of the three black knobs in your access area, which serve as valves for the slide hydraulics. Closing one of them would kill the associated slide's operation. Unlikely, but thought I'd ask.

Rich Phillips
richp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #7

Thats my guess too. The OP has a selector valve closed.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #8

The three slides work together with 1 pump and 1 switch for that pump, I️ have tried messing with the black knobs for for slide hydraulics but the one slide still will not come in. The other slides work ok.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:40 AM   #9

Best of luck. I mean that. I spent 14 months with slides that decided when to work and mostly decided not to work, in OR out. It took replacement of 6 components, including pump, manifold, 2 rams, etc etc. to get it all working again.

My only suggestion is to go to the outside slide switch and turn it where at least ONE of the slides starts to move, either way. Stop, move it back. Go back and forth, back and forth, multiple times. Sooner or later, I bet all the slides will finally move.

Once in, mine did not STAY in, which was a much bigger problem!!!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #10

Look under your slide for a chrome cylinder rod with a treaded end with large nuts. It is attached to a steel L bracket. Has the bracket broken?
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #11

Just went out and messed with the 3 black knobs for the hydraulics and the slide finally was able to retract

Tags
cedar creek, slide