Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #1

2018 Silver Creek 33IK Dancing Fridge

I have the residential fridge that won't stay in place. Camping World is clueless as they have tried twice to fix it with no success. Actually they have done more damage than help. Any home remedies out there other than stuffing a plastic bin in front of it between the opposing slides?
tomdeoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:25 PM   #2

Sorry, make that a 2018 Silverback 33IK.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:36 AM   #3

We just purchased the same trailer and ours has a bracket installed by the dealer that spans the top of the fridge to keep it from moving.
I thought the tech said it was a factory bracket
Twincamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #4

Have had same issue. Bracket across top of fridge, take double sided tape and build up on each side. That's what we did. Only thing we had and didn't want to go to town. Don't laugh it works very well.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #5

I have a Cedar Creek 32RL that came with a residential refrigerator and it had a bracket on top to keep the refrigerator in place. It sat on a mount, the mount collapsed over time and the refrigerator fell out. I took the camper to a shop and now the refrigerator sits on the floor
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:05 AM   #6

Ours does set on the floor, but had a 1x1 block screwed to the floor to hold it in. Tape dam works perfect.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:38 AM   #7

On my 38EL the residential frig has a bracket on the top and is screwed to the floor behind the front cover at the feet. It has not move at all. Traveled over 2500 miles.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:40 AM   #8

Preacher, you have any pics? I'd be curious what your fix looks like. Ours has the bracket on top as well and as the fridge dances around it jas done nothing but dent up the top of the fridge. The base board restraint will not stay in place.
Old 08-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #9

I'll send them this evening!
Old 08-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusso View Post
On my 38EL the residential frig has a bracket on the top and is screwed to the floor behind the front cover at the feet. It has not move at all. Traveled over 2500 miles.
Ours wasn't moving either until camping world got their hands on it. The hose to the ice maker was not hooked up and leaked all over the floor so CW had to pull the fridge out to fix. So now the ice maker still does not work, the dented fridge dances around and the floor is now torn up because of it. How something seemingly so simple could get this screwed up is beyond me. Still not fixed.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
I'll send them this evening!
Thanks
Old 08-30-2017, 12:19 PM   #12

We have a 2016, Cedar Creek 34RL, WITH A 18 CU FT residential fridge. This unit has two brackets mounted on the top that is fastened to the facia boards that take up the space between the fridge and opening for the larger residential fridge. This is to keep the fridge from bouncing up and over the floor brace. There is also a 1 1/2 " wide by 1" thick by the width of the fridge, blocking the lower roller wheels, to prevent movement. I installed a strap that also holds the fridge in place. This is similar to the straps that hold the dining chairs in place.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #13

Sorry but the first thing that came to mind was to see if you could get it a gig on "Dancing With The Stars". Sorry I couldn't resist.
It would be appear to me that this should be a fairly simple fix. Certainly a bracket of some kind could be installed that would prevent it moving. I would probably fix it myself before I would depend on Camping World to fix it.
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:47 PM   #14

We have a 38EL and the refrigerator is untethered, moved forward into the island loosened the top and the island wiggles also. When the ref moved forward it has now weakened the floor's front edge on the slide out. 4 months still waiting for repairs. Last week dealer called to get a picture and model/serial #.

This gets an unhappy owner thinking;

1. How can a product be put on the market with a ref unattached in a mobile living quarters?

2. How can a company produce a product and fail to keep model/serial records of the products they purchased and put in the finished product they sell the unsuspecting buyer ?

3. How will they ever go about identifying recalled products without the records?

I had a Thor product for almost 13 years and not near the problems that are still unaddressed with my EL38 first 15 months.

FYI

My middle air conditioner is still unusable after 6 months with 3 people on my roof for over 1/2 a day.

Good luck in getting any help.

Remember---Caveat emptor
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdixie View Post
Sorry but the first thing that came to mind was to see if you could get it a gig on "Dancing With The Stars". Sorry I couldn't resist.
It would be appear to me that this should be a fairly simple fix. Certainly a bracket of some kind could be installed that would prevent it moving. I would probably fix it myself before I would depend on Camping World to fix it.
Unfortunately i have watched dancing with the stars and some of them move like refrigerators.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim34RL View Post
We have a 2016, Cedar Creek 34RL, WITH A 18 CU FT residential fridge. This unit has two brackets mounted on the top that is fastened to the facia boards that take up the space between the fridge and opening for the larger residential fridge. This is to keep the fridge from bouncing up and over the floor brace. There is also a 1 1/2 " wide by 1" thick by the width of the fridge, blocking the lower roller wheels, to prevent movement. I installed a strap that also holds the fridge in place. This is similar to the straps that hold the dining chairs in place.
Jim34rl, any way you get some pics of your straps?
Old 08-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #17

I have a 2017 c.c. This is what the factory did to mine when I had it there. hasn't moved.
right angel bracket that bolts to the door hinge and screws to the slide wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1504115498555.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	197.8 KB
ID:	150121
cody1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdeoca View Post
Jim34rl, any way you get some pics of your straps?

Not right now trailer is at the dealer having a slide fix. The slide was not installed correctly and the worm gear and rack are now miss aligned causing the rack to jump over a gear tooth. The dealer is replacing both worm gears and racks.

I would go on line and look for chair straps for RV's that is were I found them from a Keystone supplier of aftermarket parts.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #19

Our residential fridge stared to dance after repairs were done too. Tried various restraints, wedges, etc. Then, it occurred to me that the technician adjusted the leveling screws on the fridge wheels in order to roll the fridge out to work on it. I adjusted them, retracting the wheels. Now it does not dance or walk. Might give it a try.
Rollingdunder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:36 PM   #20

I tried adjusting the leveling pads then the floor on the slide out just bends down when the slide is retracted. Just called the dealer again and when I get transfered to service it just goes to voice mail. Still awaiting a call back.
grouchmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge