Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
R-K

2019 Cedar Creek 40CL - Loft - Lights?

Good Morning,

We just parked our new 2019 CC 40CL on our lot in British Columbia, Canada. Stunning unit! Can't wait to start using it. I have a couple questions.

1) There are 2 light switches on the wall going up to the loft. One turns on the lights in the loft and the other does nothing (I don't think). Any idea what it's for?

2) Is there suppose to be a light switch in the loft? I can't imaging being all tucked in at night, reading my book and I have to go back downstairs to turn the lights off.

Thank you
Rob and Karen
R-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I don't have you model but have seen a bunch of models and often times when a switch does nothing it is because whatever the switch is controlling is also off... as often is the case with lights.

If the light fixture has a switch, that switch has to be on for the wall switch to operate it.

That same may hold true with your loft lights... you can switch them on at the wall... and then off at the light. No need to go back to the wall switch. You will need to turn them back on at the light for the wall switch to work though... which is likely part of your first complaint issue.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '18=51 '19=58 '20=110 '21=94
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #3
R-K

Excellent! Thank you. I will give that a try.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
RAF

I have a 40Cl and one switch controls the loft lights and the second switch controls power to vent fan. Each light has a little push button in the center of the lense and that's how you can shut them off when you're all tucked in.
RAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #5
R-K

Cedar creek 40cl lights

Thank you very much RAF. I will definitely look into this the next time we go out to our site.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:31 PM   #6
RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K View Post
Thank you very much RAF. I will definitely look into this the next time we go out to our site.
Glad to help. You're gonna love the unit. We got ours in June and couldn't be happier.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:54 AM   #7

Second year in our 40 CL. Overall we like the unit but we have very poor air flow into the back bedroom (we have a loft unit) for AC. We have closed down about half of our vents in the living area but airflow into the bedroom is very poor. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
rduchscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:55 AM   #8

40 CL poor air AC airflow into back bedroom

We are entering our second season in our 40CL with a loft.

Very low airflow into the back bed room even with about half of our vents completely covered.

Anyone have any luck on redirecting more airflow into the back lower bedroom?

Thanks
rduchscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #9

I really can't answer your question since I have a 2016, 34RL Cedar Creek with two A/C units. But our front bedroom at night will become uncomfortable when we sleeping.

What I have found out that's seems to work for us and this may help you also. Is too turn the A/C unit farthest away from where you are sleeping, to run the fan on manually mode at some speed of your liking. This will keep the air moving in your trailer during the night. Which will make the unit more comfortable when sleeping.

With our Dometic thermostat you can control the fans in the A/C unit for each zone plus the A/C and or heat for the zone one only. So, by setting the temp at 72 (for us) on the rear A/C and the fan to manually mode on the low speed with the front A/C off we are comfortable. My wife is a light sleeper and the front A/C will keep her awake so, this is why it is off at night.

Just a thought that may help you with air flow.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:24 PM   #10
RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduchscher View Post
Second year in our 40 CL. Overall we like the unit but we have very poor air flow into the back bedroom (we have a loft unit) for AC. We have closed down about half of our vents in the living area but airflow into the bedroom is very poor. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Our 40 CL has the same issue with poor air flow to the bedroom. We closed off some of the ceiling vents during the summer and put a small portable fan by the dresser. It made a big difference in keeping the room cool.

As for keeping the room warm during the heating season, the only thing that works for us is putting a small 1500 watt heater on the dresser.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:55 AM   #11

Partial fix for low airflow in bedroom of 40CL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rduchscher View Post
We are entering our second season in our 40CL with a loft.

Very low airflow into the back bed room even with about half of our vents completely covered.

Anyone have any luck on redirecting more airflow into the back lower bedroom?

Thanks
I have a 2019 40CL. We experienced the same issue as you and spent a little bit of time trying to improve airflow. If you remove the white plastic ceiling vents in the bedroom, you'll see the airflow is simply expected to come down from vents at the top of the LOFT roof. On ours, there was a 2" gap between the bedroom ceiling and the floor of the loft (you'll see it when you remove the vent). We immediately sealed that with duct tape. That alone made a pretty substantial improvement.

My next step in this project is to reduce the size of that air chamber that passes through the loft (it's those big boxes upstairs that seem like wasted space). My thought is to try to rig up either dryer vent hose or perhaps 4" PVC pipe, but I'm not sure what will work. If I can accomplish that, then I think the issue will be all but eliminated.
Skylinezx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek, light, loft