Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2020, 05:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 125
2020.5 37mbh...buyer beware!!

Just a heads up...everyone should check their ac units front and back. I happened to see someone on here mention that their front unit on a brand new 2021 was 13.5k btu. Mine wasnít cooling all that great this past week, so that got me wondering if maybe I was one of the unlucky ones as well. Sure enough...my front unit is also a 13.5k and should be a 15k. All 2020ís switched over to 15k front and rear standard on most, if not all cedar creeks. Just a heads up for something to check out. Makes me wonder what else Forest River looked over when putting this thing together. Makes me a little nervous.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:15 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,487
Are you saying that in the docs received with your rig listed the front AC as a 15K unit but it was actually a 13.5? I would think that would be an easy problem to rectify with FR if thats what the paper work indicated.
__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab) 10/04 - 05/20
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:46 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 125
2020.5 37mbh...buyer beware!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Are you saying that in the docs received with your rig listed the front AC as a 15K unit but it was actually a 13.5? I would think that would be an easy problem to rectify with FR if thats what the paper work indicated.


The docs only give model and serial numbers...I had no reason to believe they would have put in a 13.5k when this model and year jumped up to two 15k units. I probably should have verified this by crawling up on roof and checked during pdi, but this was honestly one of the few things I didnít believe I had to check THAT closely. Live and learn I suppose. And yes, they are going to rectify it once taken to dealer. They just need dealer to send them pics etc to confirm.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 08:56 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2,064
Sometimes there is a phase-in period for features on a new model year. Maybe the OP has an early built 2020 model that did not fully include the 2020 build specs.

For example, my 2020 model designated motorhome was an early build and has the colors, appliances, and floor plan of the 2019 model. For example, the 2020 brochure says I should have a 12 volt only refrigerator, but mine is an LP/AC absorption type. Lucky for me, what I got is what I preferred.
__________________
2020 Sunseeker 2440DS on 2019 Ford E-450, Trekker cap, Topaz paint
BehindBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 125
2020.5 37mbh...buyer beware!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
Sometimes there is a phase-in period for features on a new model year. Maybe the OP has an early built 2020 model that did not fully include the 2020 build specs.

For example, my 2020 model designated motorhome was an early build and has the colors, appliances, and floor plan of the 2019 model. Lucky for me, that is what I preferred.


Mine is actually a 2020.5 model year (we had it built and picked up in Jan of this year) some changes to colors and bathroom sink options were made. Itís definitely a screw up as there is someone else on here that had a 13.5k unit on their 2021 that should have had a 15k. My purpose with this thread wasnít to necessarily trash FR...just to give a heads up to check on your ac system...you may be surprised.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:52 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
The docs only give model and serial numbers...I had no reason to believe they would have put in a 13.5k when this model and year jumped up to two 15k units. I probably should have verified this by crawling up on roof and checked during pdi, but this was honestly one of the few things I didnít believe I had to check THAT closely. Live and learn I suppose. And yes, they are going to rectify it once taken to dealer. They just need dealer to send them pics etc to confirm.
Is the size listed somewhere on the unit?
__________________
John
USCG Veteran
2018 F-250 6.7
2021 CC 37MBH
John WTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 06:54 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by John WTX View Post
Is the size listed somewhere on the unit?


Yes, just pop cover off (4 screws) and itíll be on a little sticker you canít miss. Takes all of 2 mins once on the roof.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:07 AM.