Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2021, 01:51 PM   #1

2021 Champagne 38EBS Review Pt #1

Well time to make lemonade out of a lemon.

My 2nd CC and I buy them because of the aluminum framing and the gelcoat side walls. I wax my trailers every year and even after 9 years the previous trailer looked better then a few two year old ones that we see in the campgrounds.

At this point in time I doubt I would ever buy another CC and maybe not even another RV. I can mostly fix anything but when it comes at you in waves it takes the whole fun out of it. I don't dare tell my wife all the problems I have found so as not to get her down as well.

Fit and Finish- Inside the RV is beautiful and in my opinion it has the nicest bedroom of any 5'er anywhere. Overall didn't find many interior problems except for the frame around the front window but it is a bit of a biggie. Other minor trim pieces and the led strip lights are falling off.

The frame around the window is a huge wooden piece to go with the rest of the upscale interior but too bad it is held on from what I can feel to be 4 of those really skinny nails. It falls out anytime we take the camper out. Attached to the frame of course is the two blinds and well they come out too. I guess they didn't want to drill holes in the face of this wood piece yet don't know how the hell they were supposed to put it in and make it reliable. For now I'm going to use double sided tape and hope it doesn't rip the wall paper off. Any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Outside the one slide looks like it was pieced together with the gelcoat and it has a few waves in it. Better then laminated walls but not what I'm used to.

When you look under the camper the frame has tons of rust on it. Even the leaf springs. Geez did you even cheap out on the paint???

The tires I find un-acceptable. Does anybody know that the H-rated tires are good only to 62mph?? I only drive at 63 but knowing the tires are rated at 62mp when they heat up like crazy and send the pressure alarms off on the tire sensor gets disconcerting. Cedar Creek people who are you trying to kid here? They are coming off only problem is at what price.

I bet not a single baggage door has a straight frame and one of them is leaking. It is the one that has the TV in it and is essentially under the front dinette.

I got on the roof and there are three bulges above where you would imagine the sides are bolted to the roof. I'm wondering if that is three bolts that have worked their way loose and will some day pop up through the roof membrane.

Lots of bad scores here for Cedar Creek!!!
NJBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags