Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #1

3 More shades died.

These day/night shades used in our 36B2 are ridiculous. So far we have replaced 4 and I just ordered 3 more. They are not hard to change and look 100% better. I know I've posted this before when I changed the others, but if your having problems with your FR shades, check these out. Very nice and not expensive.This link shows 83.80 but every time I've ordered there was a 42% or better discount, Check them out..Cordless Cellular Shade | Cellular Shades | Cordless Cellular Blind | Cellular Shades-getblinds.com

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
These day/night shades used in our 36B2 are ridiculous. So far we have replaced 4 and I just ordered 3 more. They are not hard to change and look 100% better. I know I've posted this before when I changed the others, but if your having problems with your FR shades, check these out. Very nice and not expensive.This link shows 83.80 but every time I've ordered there was a 42% or better discount, Check them out..Cordless Cellular Shade | Cellular Shades | Cordless Cellular Blind | Cellular Shades-getblinds.com
They really do look nice. We had 1 die shortly after we saw the ones in George and Peggys rig and ordered 1 for our trailer. The DW can not wait for more shades to die. LOLOL
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #3

Just remembered I had pictures thay might help folks see what the new shades look like.

Enjoy all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0150.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	22547   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0149.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	22548   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0151.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	22549  
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 PM   #4

If I may ask, what happened to the shades that caused them to "die"? I have had to tighten up the cords on our shades as they were drooping but that's it so far. Just curious. Those are really good looking shades you have, btw!
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
phat phrog stunt crew

28.00 bucks with a coupon. no need to wait for them to die any longer
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo0706 View Post
If I may ask, what happened to the shades that caused them to "die"? I have had to tighten up the cords on our shades as they were drooping but that's it so far. Just curious. Those are really good looking shades you have, btw!
Hi Gizmo, Each shade that I have replaced have all the cords frayed. They just stopped working and they can be restrung, but they just do it again. We've had two restrung and they have both gone south and were replaced. the ones Bobfidy pictured arfe what we got. No strings. cords and they are very well made. What I like is I can have them half way down while traveling and they stay there. And they look sharp.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #7

Gizmo.....The 1 we had "die".....one of the strings broke and since we had seen the ones George and Peggy had it was a no brainer to replace it.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #8

Thanks for posting the link. We ordered a Sabre 36QBOK, and the bedroom and bunkhouse doors have glass in the center with this type of shade. My wife already complained that the one on the bedroom door of the unit we looked at was not wide enough, so unless the manufacturer has fixed this, I'm sure I'll be replacing it. I just ordered samples, so we'll be able to compare when it comes in.

2012 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L
2013 Sabre 36QBOK-7 Platinum Package
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #9

Gizmo, any tips on tighting the strings on the shades? I have not been able to figure them out. Was hoping that just tighting the screws on the header would do the trick, but no luck. Do you shorten them from the bottom rail? Thanks...any suggestions would be a huge help.
rvfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfamily View Post
Gizmo, any tips on tighting the strings on the shades? I have not been able to figure them out. Was hoping that just tighting the screws on the header would do the trick, but no luck. Do you shorten them from the bottom rail? Thanks...any suggestions would be a huge help.
I loosen the screw where the string connects at the bottom, tighten the string, then tighten the screw. Be careful not to get them too tight.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfamily View Post
Not sure how yours are made but mine has strings that are terminated with a round plastic thing with a screw through it. Not really sure what you would call the "thing" but anyway. I tried to retie the knot and make it tighter but that didn't really work all that well and ended up unscrewing the "thing" and l reinstalling it down farther, thus tightening the cord. Then I filled the old screw hole in and called it good. If this isn't descriptive enough let me know and I will take some pictures.
Gizmo0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 PM   #12

We put these shades in our windows at home but were warned not to leave them down for an extended period of time (the winter season) because they would have trouble staying up thereafter. We really like them but have not left them down for the winter. We are not sure if the warning was correct.
Patrick45 is offline   Reply With Quote