Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2017, 01:27 PM   #1

33IK Slide out Question

I just picked up my 2018 Silverback 33IK and during my PDI i noticed the slides did not touch the side walls completely when fully extended. The dealership told me this was normal and the slides will not touch all the way around the opening.

Is this normal or do I need to get them adjusted? I don't want to have any water issues.

Thanks,
ldmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #2

As long as there is adequate compression of the slide seals ... the inside fascia on the slides doesn't have to touch the inner walls. I've never had a RV with slides where the gap behind the fascia was even all around the slide out. I'd say as long as it isn't much over 1/2"at its widest ... no worries.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:21 AM   #3

That is my concern. I can pull back the outside wiper seal and stick my fingers into the inside. So that is telling me the slides need some adjustments.

Has anyone ever adjusted their slides?
Old 04-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #4

The wiper seal is what provides most all rain protection. The seal around the inside fascia is more for air drafts and is very spongy. If you look at the hole cut in your sidewall, you can see the luan paneling. The inner seal won't seal the cut ends of the paneling very well ... your interior walls would quickly delaminate around the slide cutouts due to water intrusion. What kind of a gap do you have between the inner fascia and the sidewall? 1/4" - 1/2" - 1"? Yes several of us have adjusted the slides ... Lippert has an online how to. Little movements make a bunch of difference
Old 04-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmc View Post
That is my concern. I can pull back the outside wiper seal and stick my fingers into the inside. So that is telling me the slides need some adjustments.

Has anyone ever adjusted their slides?
How about from the inside? Can you stick your finger behind the facia and the inside wall around you slide? That is your inner seal that should be tight against the wall.

I took pics below.

This first pic is of slide just as you go in the door on our 33IK. The slide is partially in and I can reach out and grab the slider seal.

The 2nd pic is the inside seal of the slide, behind the facia. It is curved and foam backed. This seals against inside wall of the RV.

The 3rd pic is the slide fully extended. It is flush against the wall. Could not get a dollar to slip in there, even though they slip out of my hand way to easily.. I degress....

If your inside facia is tight against your inside wall you can't slide out any further. If you have a gap then you need adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0219.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	135252   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	135254   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	135255  

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:10 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies.

I have about 1/4 to 1/2 gap on the inside facia, it is not tight against the inside wall all the way around.

I did down load the Lippert manual on adjustments. Just not 100 percent sure about the synchronize the wall part or will I need to do it?
Old 04-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmc View Post
Thanks for the replies.

I have about 1/4 to 1/2 gap on the inside facia, it is not tight against the inside wall all the way around.

I did down load the Lippert manual on adjustments. Just not 100 percent sure about the synchronize the wall part or will I need to do it?
No sync needed... your slide is hydraulic. Sync is for electric slides such as schwintec...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #8

"I have about 1/4 to 1/2 gap on the inside facia, it is not tight against the inside wall all the way around."

I'll not argue this any further, but I'll just state how my last three units have been slide seal wise. What you describe 360 degrees around the slide is exactly like my last three units. No leaks, no delamination, no worries.

Tags
slide, slide out